Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,872   Online: 1112

Shooter
    35mm

What should I check in an Beseler Printmaker 67

Hello, I want to start developing B&W photos. I'm a beginner so I don't know much. I found this enlarger Beseler, printmaker 67 on craigslist with other darkroom tools for $150. The enlarger comes with Nikon 50mm f/2.8 lens. What else should I check in this enlarger to make sure that its components are complete and nothing is missing

Thanks

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Turn the light on and look through the lens at the widest aperture. Make sure it doesn't have fungus (spidery growth inside) or blemishes to the surfaces.

Slide the front cover up and take a look at the condensers to make sure they are there. Sometimes there is a diagram on the back of the front cover.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is a VERY simple and light weight enlarger. There isn't much that can go wrong with them.

I'd open the front and check to make sure a condenser lens is inside and undamaged
    Also make sure, a film carrier of proper size comes with it.
    Make sure the head goes up and down smoothly and locks down securely
    Make sure the focus actions are smooth
    Make sure the post is undamaged and does not lean one way or another (except for the front lean)
    You could stick in the film carrier, turn it on and focus. Make sure the projected rectangle is reasonably accurate and sides are parallel to each other.

That's about it....

AND WELCOME TO APUG!
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello amellice and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin