Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,906   Online: 1155

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    I looked at the listing for the LPL power supply at B&H (It looks like the same one as shown in the Adorama link). I believe that model is intended to power a 100 watt/12volt lamp on the LPL 670 and C6700 series dichroic lamp houses, so no, this probably won’t work on the Esco with its 250 watt/24 volt ELC lamp.

You could use the Omega Standard Power Supply #412-021 intended for the Omega D Dichro II Lamphouse. It is a 300 watt 120v to 22.5V step-down transformer intended to power the ELC lamp at a 6.25% voltage reduction (supposed to prolong the lamp life) in the Dichro II head. These can be found on eBay for reasonable prices. Wiring it to work with the Esco system in its original manner might be challenging.

You could certainly wire the lamp circuit of the head directly to that of the Omega power supply using an external timer. You’d also have to provide the cooling fan in the head with 120 volt current (I’m assuming that Esco provides a fan). You’d also need the Omega #404-841 Solid State Voltage Stabilizer or a 120 volt line stabilizer of sufficient power rating for color work. (Note: the Omega 75 voltage stabilizer is far too weak for a power supply of this size). The voltage stabilizer isn’t needed for B&W enlarging.

A simpler alternative is to look for an Omega D Dichro II head and power supply (and voltage stabilizer if you intend on color enlarging). These can be found on eBay for reasonable prices.

It would be great if you could find a technician that could repair your unit, but that might be tough to find.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
    So is it possible to get a replacement power supply from another manufacturer,
    Can't answer that without knowing more about what you have. You first post indicates you have the Compucolor head. Does everything power up OK? Does the digital control pad work? Does the existing power supply you have now indicate anything about its specs in terms of voltage and power output? I only have a picture of the front of the power supply. Maybe some pictures of exactly what you have. Have you asked them for a schematic?

Last edited by ic-racer; 12-18-2012 at 05:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the detailed replies! Yes, everything powers up right and functions as intended, but it just looks like there isn't enough power going to the lamp. I contacted Eseco again and this time they transferred me to someone who was pretty knowledgeable about the system. He guided me through some testing and it is the power supply. He recommended a part to change out and gave me the part number. I ordered it along with some thermal grease. Here are some pictures of the part I will replace, and the back of the power supply.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WP_20121218_002 copy.jpg   WP_20121218_002copy_zps708d5049.jpg   WP_20121219_005_zps2c87a61c.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin