Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,459   Online: 1036

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Questions About Durst M601 Enlarger

There seems to be quite a range of accessories available for the 601. Mine came with the Sivoneg carrier which can take pairs of metal inserts for negatives sub-35mm up to 6x6. There is also plain or AN glass available, again in pairs. When I did 35mm on it, I used metal inserts alone. For 6x6 I use metal above and AN glass below. I have flat and recessed lens plates with standard(39mm?) threads, and a flat one with 25mm. These are metal, but you also find plastic examples. There should be two condensers in black plastic cases which are used together. I believe they were packed outwith the head. There is a square filter drawer in the head. There was an accessory wall bracket, and also copy stand lighting available. I use an ancient 4blade easel made by Sands&Hunter which holds paper up to 15"square. You do run out of space to go beyond that, but the head can turn through 90deg for wall projection. It also has "movements" to correct verticals,etc. I don't find it overheating with the 75w lamp. I was thinking of getting a150w which is the max usable. I found it difficult to use a big(16"x12") 2blade easel on the baseboard. Alex

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    The user e-mailed the lens panel is a Setopla 2839. Is the thread a 39mm?

Can the panel be reversed so to mount a 80mm for MF enlarging?

If not, could I use the 2839 with a Nkkor 63MM f/2.8 and avoid vignetting at F/4 or f/5.6?????
    RJ

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 601 that I use for 35mm and 6X6, a few months ago someone on Craigs list was selling a 601 with a taller XL column, I was very tempted to get it, with the standard column I can just get an 11X16. Overall I like the 601, if I had the room I would get a Durst 4X5 to replace my D3.

Shooter
    35mm

Questions About Durst M601 Enlarger

The most common enlarger lens thread is 39mm. You need a flat panel for 6x6 enlargements using 75 or 80mm lenses. I'm not sure about 645. One of my flat panels is called Siriopla. The 25mm is called Lapla 25. Unfortunately there are no names on the original flat and recessed 39mm panels that came with the enlarger. I have seen the recessed one described elsewhere as Siriotub. The problem you find with the 50mm lens on a flat panel is that the bellows become too compressed before the image comes into focus. I have checked the instructions, but there is no mention of the different types of panels. It does confirm, however, that the one pair of condensers is used with all lenses, and that the column can be reversed for floor projection.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Lapla is the flat lensboard, and best for 75 or 80 mm lenses; Setopla is the recessed lensboard, and best for 50mm. You can use the Setlopla for the 75/80 mm but will be limited on the smallest print size. The Setopla cannot be reversed. Both were available in 25mm and 39mm threaded versions, and I found my Lapla 39mm lensboard on ebay.

I recommend a heat absorbing glass in the filter drawer, just on theoretical reasons--that would not have to be Durst, just one the right size.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    OK, the Setopla 2839 is a 39mm thread configured for a 50mm lens. Unfortunate Durst bits and pieces are pricey.

A 645 neg uses a 75mm or a 80mm enlarging lens.

Anyone use a Nikkor 63mm f/2.8 for 35mm using the Setopla 2839 lensboard?
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 12-18-2012 at 07:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Would a Nikkor 63mm f/2.8 designed for 4x4 cover 6x45 using the M601 -135 lens board.
    RJ

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Jepsen View Post
    Would a Nikkor 63mm f/2.8 designed for 4x4 cover 6x45 using the M601 -135 lens board.
    Although I am sure about a Nikkor I have a Rodenstock 65mm 5.6 that I use with my old 127 4X4 using the 75mm lens board, on occassions I have used it on 6X6 stopped down to F 8 or 11 up to 11X14.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I'm trying to remember what happens when you place a longer lense on a short mount. I think your head height increases and you may run out of bellows to focus with small enlargements. Regardless, if I purchase this enlarger I will try to buy the right mount.
    RJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Jepsen View Post
    I'm trying to remember what happens when you place a longer lense on a short mount. I think your head height increases and you may run out of bellows to focus with small enlargements. Regardless, if I purchase this enlarger I will try to buy the right mount.
    No change in head height, you just need extra bellows extension equal to the difference between the long and short mount. Many enlargers have plenty of bellows, even inexpensive ones. The big exception is the Omega D3 (and some other early Omegas) that have very limited bellows range and won't focus without a near exact match between lens and its recommended lens mount or cone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin