Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,245   Online: 729

Shooter
    Multi Format

New Enlarger to me....

Yesterday, I picked up (2) Enlargers, along with a whole other DR equipment, such as trays, timers, paper, sink, etc....

Beseler 4x5MX motorized with standard head,

and a

Beseler 67C with color head and stabilized power supply.

I currently have an Omega D2, and that's what I've been learning on.

I'm not sure if I'll ever print color work, but can I use the 67c to use for b/w enlargements, and use the color settings for contrast -vs- using filters for multi-contrast papers?

Of course, I have no clue as to what values to set those dials, but was more curious than anything. I'm going to take the Beseler for a test drive later today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you D2 has a condenser head you may find a few advantages to printing with a diffusion head. Dust and scratches are less noticeable and you don't have to worry about changing condenser settings as you change lenses and print size. For multigrade printing the built-in filters should work just as good as the ILFORD graded filters. That PDF above is a 'must read' for everyone printing with Ilford multigrade paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My 67C with colour head is slightly easier to use for larger prints from 35mm than my Omega D6.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The one enlarger that can do it all. Beseler 45!
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin