Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,974   Posts: 1,558,732   Online: 819

Shooter
    Multi Format

Paper roll dispenser

I've been asked to post photos of the paper roll dispenser that I have built. So here they go. I took some snapshots before loading my first roll into it. The materials used are: 3/4 inch plywood, scrap 1/4 plywood, 3/4 inch x 48 inch dowel, aluminum foil duct tape for sealing joints and pinholes in the scrap plywood, a fence-post hanger for the lid holder and two cans of cheap spray flat black paint. The box measures 1ftx1ftx4ft. Top, bottom and sides are 3/4 plywood, back and lid's front are 1/4 inch to reduce the weight somewhat. The box is glued and stapled together. Seams then sealed with aluminum foil to prevent any potential light leaks.
    I cut 3/4inch square pieces for light traps on the lid as well as a grove and thin wood strip on the back of the lid's top and the edge of the front of the lid. The foam squares above the dowel are cut from a foam sanding block. I have tested for light tightness with two sheets of 20x24 color paper rolled into a cylinder and processed after a week in the dispenser they came out blank white. The black square stick is a piece of plywood wrapped in felt. I'm planning to use it to hold paper in place while cutting it off with a motorized paper cutter. I have not used the dispenser just yet, but I will soon and will post my experience here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_5843.JPG   DSC_5846.JPG   DSC_5847.JPG   DSC_5848.JPG   DSC_5849.JPG  

DSC_5850.JPG   DSC_5851.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice work!
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just when I thought I didn't need to make any more gadgets for my darkroom. I suspect mine will only be built to handle 12" long rolls, but the idea of a light tight dispensing case is nice.

My usualy means is to tidy the whole darkroom so nothing gets knocked over, go to the bathroom and blow my nose, and then contelmpate working in the totoal darkness for an hour or more cutting rolls down into sizes to store in paper envelopes.

If it is only a bit more than 1' long, it might be small enough to slide into a custom made plastic bag, and fire the whole thing back into the freezer still loaded.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Very nice!
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice !

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin