Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,043   Online: 778

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    Once my print sales volume increases enough...
    Hello PKM

I had a very, very, very bad year. The Berlin exhibition didn't sell any print, neither did my representative in Paris.

Hope this gets better next year.

How did you do?

Jing

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Robert James View Post
    PKM- you can buy everything you need brand new. No need to go hunting around for it.

I use a 4x5 glass carrier and masks I made myself for smaller sizes that simply lay over the carrier. I am not aware of a specific glass carrier for medium format. Omega made a glass carrier for their older enlargers that should fit, but I find it much simpler to just use the 4x5 one. The 4550 has mixing boxes for 4x5, medium format (don't know specifically what size it is) and 35mm, which has a small condenser in it. The prints I get from 35mm negs are incredibly sharp, more than likely due to the hybrid diffusion/condenser arrangement. They are sharper than what I used to get from a medium format Saunders VCCE that was purely diffusion. It is in effect a similar system to the Leitz enlargers- large light source, one condenser.
    This is true. In fact I bought a new 4550 two years ago through KHB. They have all the accessories, and what they don't have they'll make/modify for reasonable prices. They've done a few "alterations" for me to my specs.

They also sell Beseler stuff. In my experience they are very knowledgeable. They helped me with precise dimensions when I wanted to modify my carriers.

Anyhow, might be worth a call.

http://www.khbphotografix.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's my first year and I have only been selling since Summer really. While I am optimistic and encouraged by what I have seen, I am no where near ready to turn down new commercial clients, I figure it will take at least 3 more years to show a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by slight View Post
    Hello PKM

I had a very, very, very bad year. The Berlin exhibition didn't sell any print, neither did my representative in Paris.

Hope this gets better next year.

How did you do?

Jing
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    35mm
    If you're still looking:try this: call the store in Rancho Mirage and tell them Robert from Walnut Creek told you to call. Speak to Sean-he's the boss............

http://www.camerawest.com/categories...roducts/12598/

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Are you still looking?

Did you ever find the Saunders/LPL 4550XLG? I have one with VCCE that I have decided to sell. It's in like-new condition in the original boxing. Very lightly used. Not sure what I'm going to ask for it, yet, but we can probably work that out. I'm in Tucson, AZ, USA. That might shoot it into the ground, but thought I'd check anyway.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin