Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,382   Online: 956

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is a brochure showing Hoya non-dichroic glass filters that are 165mm x 165mm x 2mm. You would have to cut them with a glass cutter.
    http://www.hoyaoptics.com/pdf/ColorFilterGlass.pdf

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Yes, I have considered it. They appear to be the same size. Problem is I won't be able to use my color head for color printing. I now print 4x5 color with my L1200. Although unlikely, I may want to try 8x10 color. If I can pick up a dichroic filter that fits at a reasonable price I will. I'm still waiting for responses from some other suppliers. Otherwise, I'll do just what you suggest.

Thanks Regarding Hoya. I just sent another email....
    Last edited by Pasto; 12-28-2012 at 07:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Are you both talking about a Durst 8x10 colour head, and are you trying to split print in BW??

If so why would you not use the dichroic filter set that is in the enlarger head for this purpose??

what am I missing here??

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lee Filters now also offer dichroic filters, though they are intended fot lighting use:

http://www.leefilters.com/architecture/arch-dl-col.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Yes Bob, it is the 8x10 Durst with a CLS 2000 head. Dialing in filters at least twice twice for each work print is driving me crazy. To add to this, the CLS 2000 head dials don't move as easily and smootly as my CLS 450.

ic-racer suggested an elegant solution. Dial in maximum yellow and use the white light lever to actuate yellow filtration. Use the supplementary filter (with a magenta filter in place instead of the standard one) as the maximum magenta filtration independatly actuated with the supplementary filter lever.

As I now have time between semesters, I thought of trying to source a dichroic magenta filter the same size as the supplementary filter. I sent out several emails so far. What I've learned:

1) Edmond Optics does not custom cut dichroic filters (unless the order is for 50 pieces minimum)
    2) The three filters in the CLS 2000 head measure 87 x 77 x 2mm. This is slightly smaller than the supplemtary filter at 87 x 83 x 2mm. This is important because one solution is to use the magenta filter of the CLS 2000 in the supplementary filter drawer.

As you say Bob, I can dial in the filtration. I can also make a filter holder for under the lens filters. This is what happens to me when I have time on my hands! I work hard to make my work easier

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks AgX, I sent Lee an email....

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Ok , I dial in my filters , I do not use a 0 and 5 method so your solution would be of little value to me.
    I am looking for a power cord from the transformer to the head if any of you have an extra one.

btw the CLS 2000 is an awesome enlarger .
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasto View Post
    Yes Bob, it is the 8x10 Durst with a CLS 2000 head. Dialing in filters at least twice twice for each work print is driving me crazy. To add to this, the CLS 2000 head dials don't move as easily and smootly as my CLS 450.

ic-racer suggested an elegant solution. Dial in maximum yellow and use the white light lever to actuate yellow filtration. Use the supplementary filter (with a magenta filter in place instead of the standard one) as the maximum magenta filtration independatly actuated with the supplementary filter lever.

As I now have time between semesters, I thought of trying to source a dichroic magenta filter the same size as the supplementary filter. I sent out several emails so far. What I've learned:

1) Edmond Optics does not custom cut dichroic filters (unless the order is for 50 pieces minimum)
    2) The three filters in the CLS 2000 head measure 87 x 77 x 2mm. This is slightly smaller than the supplemtary filter at 87 x 83 x 2mm. This is important because one solution is to use the magenta filter of the CLS 2000 in the supplementary filter drawer.

As you say Bob, I can dial in the filtration. I can also make a filter holder for under the lens filters. This is what happens to me when I have time on my hands! I work hard to make my work easier

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I hear you Bob. I do use the modified split method you taught me as well. More often than not, however, the 0 and 5 method gets my midtones where I want them. Regarding the power cord, I only have the one, sorry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There was a cord for a CLS1840 on ebay a few months ago. I did not buy it as a spare because I was not certain it was the same as the CLS2000 cord or not. If I see one for sale I'll let you know.

I am looking for a power cord from the transformer to the head if any of you have an extra one.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    much appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    There was a cord for a CLS1840 on ebay a few months ago. I did not buy it as a spare because I was not certain it was the same as the CLS2000 cord or not. If I see one for sale I'll let you know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin