Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,533   Posts: 1,543,997   Online: 1024

Shooter
    Large Format

Kodak K SeriesThermometers

Photo's I see if the K-3 show a dual scale (F and C) etched glass thermometer in the stainless guard.
    Discovered a similar appearing thermometer with Fahrenheit only etched scale...
    along with two guards without thermometer glass.

Were the K's partial or full immersion thermometers?
    Did Kodak make their own Hg in glass tubes?

If no, does anyone know of the actual manufacturer?
    Is there source for replacement glass, either spirit in glass or Hg in glass to the K series accuracy?.

What I am finding in the laboratory thermometer suppliers (NIST and ASTM rated) liquid in glass units are not in the
    scale range of the K-3. More or less range but in the 300 - 305 mm (12 in) length arena.

Hate to see two nice stainless guards go to waste.

Best

George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I purchased a Kodak Type 3 mercury thermometer (dual scale range to 140F/60C) in the stainless sheath from a very nice fellow APUG member. Sounds like what you are describing. Mine does show the immersion calibration mark etched into the glass.

When I got it I removed the glass, cleaned and polished until it looked new, then reset the glass. It's a beautiful instrument. It now serves as my darkroom standard. All of my other units have been calibrated to it, including a Hass Intellifaucet and the temperature compensation curve of my Zone VI Compensating Developing Timer.

If you should decide you don't want one or both of those stainless guards, or the other Fahrenheit-only thermometer, please send me a PM (Private Message) as I'd take them off your hands for a fair price.

Oh, and welcome to APUG, George...

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 12-30-2012 at 09:49 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added one more calibration...
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin