Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,186   Online: 653

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Jepsen View Post
    Attachment 62166

When you enlarge 35mm using a Sivoneg carrier, do you slide the two posts down as pictured in the photo?

Anyone have glass inserts they wish to sell or trade?

i wish i had an extra set to trade
    i bought a set because the original pair had a bit scratch that somehow
    appeared overnight ,,, it was really weird .. THEN the only place that was a durst dealer in boston
    was EP LEVINES .. so i ordered the new glass ... it cost me a king's ransom .. i was not bright at the time
    and when i was rushed out of the store upon closing, before inspecting the glass, i put the 2 cardboard cases in my pocket and drove home ..
    when i arrived in-studio the store was closed, and i saw the glass was chipped so i called, left a message and arrived the next day as soon as they opened.

the ANNOYING salesperson, who thought his long hair, good looks and snarky attitude would land him a film role
    insisted i broke the glass and gave me a hard time until i asked for the manager ... ( DOH! )
    a few days later i was called, and i inspected the glass upon arrival and installed them when i returned to my studio .. have been using them ever since ..

i wish i bought a second pair cause i can only imagine how much they cost now ! almost 20years later ... !
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    it cost me a king's ransom .. i was not bright at the time
    and when i was rushed out of the store upon closing, before inspecting the glass, i put the 2 cardboard cases in my pocket and drove home ..
    when i arrived in-studio the store was closed, and i saw the glass was chipped
    If buying a Durst ensure the sale includes required parts and everything works. I discovered a bad $25 lamp and have yet to print because of missing negative carrier parts.

I coordinated enlarger pickup during a 15 hour drive taking me through Kansas City, Missouri. On arrival the carrier was not as expected but the $75 601 CLS enlarger was like new, walking away was awkward, and I could avoiding shipping costs. Cheap enough to work around missing parts so I thought.

I'm looking forward to using the 601 anticipating it will fit needs to downsize without sacrificing equipment quality.

Back to the picture of the carrier. Do you move the pins on the bottom of the Sironeg down for 135 and back up for 6x6?
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 01-05-2013 at 10:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	490.3 KB 
ID:	62277

The two posts that stick up are adjustable film stops for 6x6 cm and 24x36 cm. A better description was found in the M605 booklet.

The film stops slide up and down to accommodate the size film.
    RJ

Shooter
    35mm

Durst M601 Sivoneg Universal Carrier Issues

eBay UK has lots of Durst parts as these enlargers were sold extensively here. Item 221173456625 is a 6x6 insert ending 13 Jan and sitting at 99pence (2 USD?). 221173403111 is a pair of 35mm inserts at 5.50UKP (10 USD?) ends 13Jan. I don't see other inserts at the moment, but they appear quite regularly. Your carrier is the same as mine, but different colour. Inserts or glass sit in and are held by sliding catch. Glass needs a bevel all round to fit.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After much consideration I have decided to take down my 601. Although having 2 enlarges up and running has its advantages and I really do like the 601, it just takes up too much space in my small converted master bath. My D 3 covers all of my formats, 35, 6X6 , 6X9, and 4X5. I seemed to have forgotten that I bought the Durst for the color head. I don’t have a color head for my D 3, just the Variable Condenser and cold light and I wanted to print direct positive from 35mm and 6X6 slides, as soon as I bought the Durst both Kodak and Fuji stopped making direct positive paper.
    Richard if you are interested post me your address and I will send you the masking carrier and condenser insert. I will not attempt to sell, there are 4 or 5 dust listed on C lists in Phoenix that have sold in past 4 or 5 months.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Alex, I have been tracking the same parts from my location. PDH, I sent you an e-mail with my address. I have a 35mm slide insert to give away.

I want to thank folks for assisting with my move to a M601. I've received many helpful e-mails. APUG really is a community of like minded enthusiasts.
    RJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    @Richard
    Is your negative carrier a SIRONEG or SIVONEG ?
    My M601 manual shows Sironeg carrier and Sivoma 35 and Sivoma 66 masks.
    My M605 manual has no name for the carrier, but indicates Sivopar masks.

I am updating my Durst parts matrix.
    thanks

@PDH
    Too bad I wasn't in Pheonix. I would grab one of those M601s, so I can upgrade from my old M600 to a newer condenser enlarger.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Durst M601 Sivoneg Universal Carrier. I have glass for the carrier thanks to a member.
    RJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I missed this thread earlier, somewhere I have some spare glass. The problem is the thickness as it can no longer be sold direct to the public, 2mm is the minimum thickness. I still have a small supply of 1.5mm gl;ass which is ideal for these neg carriers.

My preference with Dursts is to use glass on the bottom and the metal frame in the top. I made my own 35mm masks back in the 1970's and still use them today. It was very simple to do using thin aluminium.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin