Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,521   Posts: 1,572,240   Online: 826

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Durst M601 Sivoneg Universal Carrier Issues

My, new to me, Durst 601 CLS-66 did not come with glass or proper inserts in the Sivoneg carrier. I'm checking if glass can be "cut to fit" at the local glass shop.

I'm unfamiliar with the Durst Sivoneg. I don't see film guides. So to use the Sivoneg with two glasses you just carefully center the negative strip so the masking blades can evenly cover the film edges? Is that how it works?

If I can't get glass installed locally will a carrier on the 605 work in my 601. BTW, the 601 is light tight, impressive.

I'm looking for the correct Sivopar inserts for 35, 6x645 or 6x6. Are they installed on the bottom of the bookform Sivoneg with the glass left on top?

What is the collective experience, likes and dislikes, related to using the Sivoneg?
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 01-04-2013 at 01:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

Shooter
    35mm

Durst M601 Sivoneg Universal Carrier Issues

The carrier I have for my 601 is a blue/grey metal unit with red plastic bits to move the masking blades. There should be two black plastic pieces sticking up from the rear of the lower section. These are the negative guides which slide forward or back for 35mm or 6x6. I have glass in the lower section and a 6x6 mask above. For 35mm you could do the same, or use masks top and bottom for a glassless carrier. The glass I use came from a carrier for a different model enlarger, but it was the right size. Have a look around on eBay, etc and you may be lucky.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Alex, I'll look for registration pins on the lower section of the bookform Sivoneg. My carrier was configured for slides and is charcoal in color.

BTW, all the odd named bits and pieces for the Durst 600 and 601 series make it harder to put together a system. It's a well designed, quality enlarger. Last night I reviewed Popular Photography (1973 - 75) looking for a product review. Could not find one.
    RJ

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For the 601 you can use the masking carrier or 35mm or 6X6 glassless carriers, I dont know if Durst made a 6.45 for the 601. I use the masking carrier, when using 35mm I tape over the bottom glass so I can center the negative without having to check to see if I am centered.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    PHD, so the bottom glass results in no registration pins. You eyeball centering the neg strip or use your tape method.
    RJ

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am pretty sure my carrier does not have pins, the masking blades move freeley which is why I just use tape. If you really wanted to get fancy you can ask the glass shop to frost one bottom glass insert for 35mm and have one unfrosted for 6X6 or for that matter another frosted for 6X45. I had considered doing this but too lazy to find the time to hunt up a shop. Also not sure what it would cost.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    PDH, I can visualize it now. You leave a 35mm sized window and mask most of the bottom of the glass with tape.
    RJ

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    If you use the SIVOPAR 35 with top and bottom inserts is there space to get black lines using the masking strips?

Do most folks like to use glassless inserts vs the universal carrier?
    RJ

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	490.3 KB 
ID:	62166

When you enlarge 35mm using a Sivoneg carrier, do you slide the two posts down as pictured in the photo?

Anyone have glass inserts they wish to sell or trade?
    RJ

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I got home I check, mine has the pins that slide, tI was thinking of pins that worked with mask blades to set 35mm. The reason I use tape is the pins only mask horazontaly, by taping I can mask to just the right size. I recalled using the pins when I first got the Durst but found it a slow process for 35mm. I know that there is a glassless 35mm for the 601, seen a few over the years on ebay, just never bid on one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin