Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,161   Online: 1006

Shooter
    Medium Format

Calibrating Rh Designs zonemaster II

Recently picked up a used Zonemaster II and want to calibrate as best I can to suit my LPL VCCE head. I got it used but it is in perfect condition and I have a feeling it will pay for itself in no time in saved paper.

The instruction manual that came with it has instructions for advanced calibration using your own gray scale. On the RH website there are also many other ways of calibrating it.

What I want to ask is which is the best method to use to get the most accuracy from the meter. I also have a Stouffer step wedge so I can make contacts using this if it's the better way of doing it. I see the later ones come with a step wedge and a reference tile but these didn't come with mine as it's an earlier serial number.

Will be setting it up for MG4 FB to start with.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would suggest to do a factory reset. All your channels will be set to Ilford MGIV. And if you already have a Stouffer step wedge you can start calibrating your first channel. Do you also have the black/off black/off white/white patch? If not, you can probably order it at RH Designs. Calibration is not that hard to do, but take your time. Good luck!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes I reset all the channels to the factory settings for MGIV RC. I have a step wedge, had it before I got the analyzer but I don't have the reference tablet RH supply with the later models.

I have started doing my test strips as per the instruction manual that came with the unit. Finished the exposure ones and tonight I am going to do the contrast ones.

Once you get into the swing of it it seems easy enough

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just picked up a LPL 4550XLG / VCCE and will need to calibrate my Zonemaster-II with it. But for now, I had been using the rough calibration tables on the back of the calibration manual for my 45S and found them to be really close, but I don't see an option for the VCCE, any ideas into what might be a comparable light output?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin