Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,202   Online: 942

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi, thanks guys for the info, I'll look into getting it fixed then, I can't believe that they threw this one out (I spotted it in a dumpster at a art school and asked if I could get it, they responded "That crap? Just take it!"). I'll try emailing Leica and see what they come up with. Any suggestions for a good lens for it? The autofocus seems like something I don't need (I won't be making much prints for starters, I work with a hybrid process at the moment), so any good lens should do it right?

Here's some pics for you guys to look at, it would be great if you could point out what I need to get it working!
    https://plus.google.com/photos/10882...51780184313889

What seems to be missing is the bulb and it's holder (since the wires are just hanging loose in the back with some kind of connector, as well as something that's supposed to be fitted right under the bulb's heatsink. The negative carrier seems to be gone as well, right? And what is this easel I've seen people talk about, is it some kind of mask that limits the exposed area of the paper and also holds it down? Is this something that's specific to the enlarger or will just a right sized one work?
    Canon F1n / FTb / AE-1P | Yashica Mat-124G | Hasselblad 500C/M | Leica IIIf

Shooter
    35mm

What to do with semicomplete Leica V35 Focomat?

Hi. You have the most recent version of this enlarger. You are also lucky to have the variable contrast filter module for B&W printing. Most seem to come with the colour filter module. These are interchangeable. There was also a simple version with a red filter only for B&W. I don't see the negative carrier, which you will need. Try eBay. I see a lot of V35 stuff on eBay Germany. Your enlarger would have been fitted with the later type bulb/holder from new. The bulb is a halogen type with two prongs that fit into the small block attached to wires in your pictures. You need the metal casing which screws into the back with the bulb in place. Leica distributor in Europe, or UK, may be able to help. The paper easel can be any type. If using autofocus, you measure the height from the baseboard top to the easel top. You then raise the column by turning the knob on top to the measured height. There is a scale at the base of the column. You will also need a mains power lead.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I saw a Focomat B&W only on craigslist, very tempted to contact the seller. although i have 4x5mx enlarger already. for a small footprint, i can easily setup in the bathroom to get some print. But I am afraid the part are difficult to find will cost way to much to repair/service if I run into problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format

What to do with semicomplete Leica V35 Focomat?

Try to fix it. It is indeed the best 35mm enlarger ever ! And a variocontrast module, GREAT !!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Lens

Let me know if you find the lens. I have the same enlarger and an extra lens that I don't use.

david

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got twelve v35s There is tow sorts of v35s. the newer one says Leica on it instead of Leitz. The newer on have a different lightbulb. The older ones are easy to get the socket for.

her is spare parts
    http://store.khbphotografix.com/Lamp...Enlargers.html

http://store.khbphotografix.com/75W-...-Enlarger.html

the lamp socket is some type of halogen standard and you can get it in a normal light store.

A new lens is easy to gett. It dose not have to be a Foccotar 40. Well you lose some focus when moving enlarger head but I manually correct any way al the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin