Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,533   Posts: 1,544,015   Online: 1064

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I suck, first time in 20+ years

Grrrr, I actually used to process B&W fer a living. Had a important roll to do and wanted to do it in d76h. I had some in a 1 litter container for a few months. Blew a quick roll of 35mm to see if it was still okay. Was fine, threw the roll of film out. cleaned up and spooled up the 120 Neopan I needed. Diluted, processed and checked it out after fixer and ....dang man! All blank. Not even any edge markings. Crap I hate that.....c'est la vie.

Analog version of -- crap! I deleted the image and its gone!

I've had film sticking to each other, fell into a 5gallon container, fixed and re-fixed cause it was pink...but not completely blank like that before. Guess I'll have to make a new batch of d-76.

Good news--Got the Film Cookbook for xmas. Going to try the TF-3 formula in it. Anyone try that before?

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eric
    Good news--Got the Film Cookbook for xmas. Going to try the TF-3 formula in it. Anyone try that before?
    Tried it, smelled it, thought about it for a bit, then made OF-1. Much less smelly, no need for ammonium thiosulfate (so what will I do with the 2 kg I have left?), works just as well.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OF-1? Just got the book. Is it in there? I have the book at home. I'm guessing it is non-acid based?

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's not in there, but it is in here. In the "Chemistry Recipes" section
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Sounds like it could of been something else. Although I have no idea what. I've used 9 month old D-76 and it was fine. You also just checked it and it was fine. Even if it was bad I assume you would have some image. From what I understand developer gets stronger and contras-tier as it ages.
    "When elephants fight it is the grass that suffers"
    African proverb

IRAQNAM is Bush's legacy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use TF-3 and like it. The ammonia smell is there, but it's not too ofensive to me. Actually, I think it's a bit milder than TF-4, but I'm not sure. Maybe it's the other way around. Can't hurt to try Ole's formula, though.

Hey Ole, do I get a portion of the royalties if I stop pushing TF-3 and switch to OF-1? Something like: As you all know, I use to be a TF-3er, but thanks to Ole's OF-1 quick step program, I can finally leave the darkroom without smelling like an industrial detergent!!!

Seriously, though, I do use TF-3 and swear by the stuff. Much better than the Agfa fixer I used before, even if for no other reason than I don't need hypo clear anymore. But that goes for OF-1 as well.

I hope I was more helpful than I think...

André

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I tried something similar...

I do my dev and printing in shared darkroom place and I had wound the film, put it in the tank and was ready to go. While I was diluting the Hot Rod, another guy grabbed my tank thinking it was his...and filled it with...FIXER!!!
    After 15 sec of fixing I pulled the tank out of his hands and emptied it...washed a lot and tried to develop it....VERY THIN NEGS!

That day I became a murderer!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Eric you should go to confession with our high priest and start using R...... and it will never happen again
    Sorry I couldn't help it
    Søren

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    One failure in 20+ years and you didn't blame it on your equipment or supplies? I applaud you! I used old Dektol once as a stop bath. Didn't watch my wash water temperature several times, too bad I wasn't trying to get reticulation. Tried to tone paper once for half an hour in just water (please don't ask how, it's painful).<g> And that's without even trying to remember incidents. I've been clean now for about 7 years, but that may simply mean I'm due.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I had a similar mishap last week. I'm developing film all the time and don't tend to have any reel loading problems, but there was this one roll of 120 where I hadn't noticed that the film wasn't securely in the clip, so it got pushed in too far, causing the two frames in the center of the reel to overlap--of course these were the two frames in the whole batch that I really wanted. I probably would have noticed at the end of the reel that it was in the wrong place if I had used a 120 reel, but loading 120 on a 220 reel, it's harder to predict where the end of the film should be on the outside.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin