Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,627   Online: 1117

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Two darkroom questions. Well, maybe three.

Will a ringing iphone on your belt fog film and/or paper in the darkroom? If, so would taping a piece of rubylith over it solve the problem?

I have a couple of film hanging clips that look like a standard wooden clothes pin, however on the end of one of the pieces you squeeze to open the clothes pin, these is a metal clip which I use to attach the cothes pin to a bar in my California Stainless film drying cabinet. Does anyone know where to get these or does anyone have any they would be willing to part with? Thank you, Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rubylith won't help enough with film, but will solve the problem with most black and white paper (Panalure excepted).
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I put my iPhone in airplane mode when loading film or darkroom work. Maybe that's not an option for you though.
    --
    Kenton Brede
    http://kentonbrede.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

Two darkroom questions. Well, maybe three.

I just put my phone in a black plastic bag that photo paper comes in as I use it for music while in the darkroom. Then I don't have to worry!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Possibly you could use a screw hook to hang a regular clothespin on the bar.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use my Iphone and Ipod all the time to listen to Pandora in my darkroom.. I place it face down on a small towel and never had an issue with light from it escaping..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I leave my phone in my coat pocket. Or I turn it off. Loading film into tanks only takes a few minutes. Even sheet film in trays doesn't take that long. The light from a phone can very easily fog film.

Then there's the time I forgot to turn off noise canceling on my headphones. All of a sudden I see blue light in the dark. (The headphones have a blue diode to remind that the canceling is on.) My sheet of 8 x 10 was slightly, but evenly fogged.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I always take my phone off my body and put it just outside of the darkroom door. (obviously, this is my personal darkroom) I won't be able to answer my phone anyway.... Likely, when call comes in, I would be right in the middle of exposure sequence or in chemical bath stage.

Those LCD displays are incredibly bright! I don't want to be interrupted either.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Time to swich off the phone?
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can live without my phone for a few hours and would leave in out of the darkroom.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin