Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,174   Online: 1069

Shooter
    Multi Format

Beseler Dichro 67 : LED or Halogen

Hello!
    I've read some threads here about using LEDs for the colourheads, but I'm wondering, whether anyone tried to replace ELB or EKP halogens (they're very hard to get in Europe) with LED in Dichro 67. What I'm mostly interested is whether the voltage stabiliser would work with 30V 2.5W lamps, as it's usual output power is 80W (30V).
    I'm not bothered about the lumens difference (220:900), as I usually have to shut the lens down to f16 to get 10s times.

I've also notified that there's more blue in LEDs spectral when compared to halogen, what could improve the contrast.

Can anyone help?

[EDIT] The major concern is if the stabiliser that is designed to halogens would work with LEDs... I can't imagine that..

[EDIT2] It rather won't. So the best idea is to switch to LCD 12V lamps that are of the same mechanical construction (MR16, GX5.3) and replace the stabiliser. The only question remains if led's 'high' blue won't increase overall contrast too much!
    Last edited by radekone; 01-13-2013 at 08:59 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    If the stabilizer doesn't work you can perhaps make a new stabilizer. I think other factors are much more to worry about like color of the LED, intensity etc..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I sorted it out another way: instead of importing 29V/80W (ELB/EKP) bulb from USA (almost impossible to get them in Europe), I just bought cheap 24V/50W as the meterod output at stabiliser was just around 24V when switched to 220V input And it works.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin