Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,554   Online: 807

Shooter
    Medium Format

RH Designs Zonemaster II , information please !

Hope someone here can help me with some details regarding the Zonemaster II.

The Zonemaster instructions say "If you have a reflection densitometer, choose the exposure that is closest to a density of 0.04 log.D."

Can someone explain exactly what 0.04 log D means ? does it mean 0.04 above base white ?

Thanks.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    yes.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So if paper base reads 0.04 on densitometer I set the meter highlight reading to match a 0.08 reading from my test strip ? is that correct.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    yes. But it's only a guide. You can place the white and black point where you like. When the Zonemaster indicates white you will get the densitiy you chose during calibration. The same goes for black.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks, just wanted to check and be sure. I find my 0.04 reading above base white is still a bit too grey so will probably go with 0.06 or 0.07 and see how they look on a print.

One more question if you don't mind . My Zonemaster does not transmit the 7 test print times to my Stopclock Pro via the 3.5mm jack. I am wondering if this is normal or if the later models have this feature.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One more question if you don't mind . My Zonemaster does not transmit the 7 test print times to my Stopclock Pro via the 3.5mm jack. I am wondering if this is normal or if the later models have this feature.[/QUOTE]

think it does transmit it, but the button on the ZM does'nt work when you connect to the StopClock. In stead you activvate the test procedure from the StopClock itself, do you have the manuals? If not see RHDesigns website where you'll find everything.
    Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format

I am such a dope, never thought of looking at the Stopclock instructions. now it works perfectly, thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    you must be an engineer.they never read instructions unless it fails.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Thanks, just wanted to check and be sure. I find my 0.04 reading above base white is still a bit too grey so will probably go with 0.06 or 0.07 and see how they look on a print.

One more question if you don't mind . My Zonemaster does not transmit the 7 test print times to my Stopclock Pro via the 3.5mm jack. I am wondering if this is normal or if the later models have this feature.
    Since I am now using a color head for MG printing on my main enlarger, I have a Zonemaster on order. The only thing I wish Richard had done with the Stopclock series is make a toggle for that 3.5mm jack in that when I am not using my Vario for compensated timing, I could plug the Zonemaster-II in and use it like the standard StopClock Pro. While I gain the compensated timer for my other enlargers using a cold light head, I lose out on the nice feature of being able to use the Zonemaster and Stopclock in tandem.
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin