Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,648   Posts: 1,481,282   Online: 685

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mr. Ross has likewise replied to me with essentially the same information; i.e., electromechanical relays, not solid state ones. He assures me it is no different than turning a light switch on and off.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to add that the very first batch of Analyser Pro/StopClock Professional did use triacs but we reverted to electromechanical relays as some enlargers didn't like the triacs very much - specifically the LPL 5x4 which has its own relay. The leakage current through the triacs was sufficient to keep the LPL's relay closed when switched off - obviously it was a very sensitive relay! If you can hear a "click" when the timer switches the enlarger on or off, then it's NOT a triac model.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was going to post Richard Ross' email back to me with his permission (which he granted), but his post above is even better!

Thanks to all that contributed. All questions answered.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin