Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,180   Online: 810

Shooter
    Medium Format

Beseler 67C Condenser

I have a Beseler 67C condenser enlarger and I could never get it to print correctly. Then I noticed that it is missing one of the condenser lenses. I was wondering if the condenser lenses from other Beseler enlargers such as the Printmaker 67, VC 67 or such were interchangeable with my enlarger? I haven't been able to find the condenser lens by itself, but was thinking I could buy the enlarger head from one of these other models and use the lenses from them.
    Or if anyone here knows a source for these lenses? I could buy new, but don't want to spend $150 for this just this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beseler is now a shell of itself, but they are still open for business, so a telephone call might work.

FWIW, on their website they have exploded parts diagrams for both the current 67xlc and Printmaker 35/67 enlargers, and the 4" condenser assemblies for those two enlargers have the same part number: 10-42098.

Here is the website link: http://www.beselerphoto.com/parts/
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Let me check at school. We got rid of several hobby type enlargers and I removed the condesner lenses "just because", if i have them I will get back to you and send them along.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for all he info. Ann, let me know if you have some condensers. I would really appreciate it

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    send me a pm so it will be easier to get in touch.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If Ann does not have the condensers, post the size here. I have condensers from an Omega 67 that may fit or be close enough to work. Just a thought.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The 67c has three condensers - the bottom-most two (the big ones labeled "A" - where the convex sides face each other, the bottom pointing up and the top pointing down) are always left in the enlarger.

The top-most condenser was used for 35mm negs only. My 67c manual has an addendum stating that the newer version - which uses the 75 watt frosted PH140 edison-base (standard household socket) screw-in bulb vs. the older bayonet style bulb - doesn't need the top condenser for 35mm negs, and that they stopped including it with the enlarger, but left the slot for it vs. re-tooling the condenser box casting.

So... if that' the one you're missing, you may be good.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin