Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,641   Online: 997

Shooter
    Medium Format

Processor Clean II Recipe?

Hey APUG,
    I used up my last bag of Processor Clean II Cleaning my Jobo Autolab 1500 yesterday and it worked wonders! But when I went to purchase more it seems as tho it is no longer in production, Does anyone know something that will work as well or like it? Or a way to make it myself? Thanks!
    Minolta X-700, Nikon FM3A, Mamiya RB67 PRO-S

Shooter
    35mm
    The UK company of NOVA market a cleaner which I use on my Nova deep tank processors they call it 'Tar-Buster'. It does work quite well but to use it they recommend it is used in a well ventilated area.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had good luck with a very filthy as it first came to me Fuji CP31.
    I cleaned it with multple stewings with dilute toilet bowl cleaner, a few water rinses, and then finally a 1:20 dilutiion of a TC-1 tray cleaner I think is it's name, and maybe by edwal - I am not at the darkroom to look at the bottle.

It is a mixture of sulfamic acid and a chromate salt of some ilk- orange yellow. It does work well though, without a need to scrub, like the dilute toilet bowl cleaner sometimes does.
    It keeps well too- I have been using the same 2L for the last 3 or so years, and it still cleans up the processor.
    I just decant off the supernatant and pour out the cruddied that have seltled to the bottom of the jug to re use it.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin