Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,192   Online: 1028

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I load both 35mm and 120 w/o using the clips.
    I found the clip more trouble that it was worth. If I did not load the 120 film into the clip "just right," loading the first rotation of the reel becomes difficult or impossible. So it just easier for me to load w/o using the clip.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    We all work differently. I find most of the time that clips on stainless steel reels are trouble some. I crinkle the film if I clip the film in wrong. I just bypass the clips. Does anybody else does that for 35mm and 120 reels?
    Ditto.
    I've got some SS reels from just before dirt was invented and they have a wire "U" around the central legs. slip the film in and done.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Ditto.
    I've got some SS reels from just before dirt was invented and they have a wire "U" around the central legs. slip the film in and done.
    What I have experience is that the off brands or other than Nikon, Kindermann, Hewes, often don't work or are hit or miss. With the ones that work, Nikon, Kindermann, Hewes, they always work, never a problem. Everyone will have their personal favorites. The best plastic reels I have ever used are the Jobo ones.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin