Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,169   Online: 1098

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

print drying screens

I have always used blotter paper to dry prints but I came across this screen at Lowe's that works nicely for print drying. The clips that keep the two screens together for the sliding motion easily come off so they can be separated; I sandwiched the prints between the screens but the frame allows for them to be in there loosely, drying in this manner helps keep the paper curl to a minimum, and I used the clips under the setup for better air flow below the screens. This particular one will hold two 8x10's OR one 11x14 print and it's perfect for my low production darkroom, just 3 or 4 more of these will suffice for me easily and when not in use, they'll stack away nicely-----just putting it out there for those that may be looking for something like it......cost, $5.97 each.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screen1.jpg   screen2.jpg   screen3.jpg   screen4.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    NO! You can't use them. They're not official photographic($$$) screens.

Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You mean I have to take em'back? But they work so well.......................

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    5he screen mesh is nylon or such, right?
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice find. They're fiberglass, so should be fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Excellent! Thanks for the tip man.
    I am in need of a solution for drying at the moment.

I do have a large roll of the nylon styff but have been too lazy to fabricate any frames.
    I may grab 2-3 of these for the winter time and make some type of larger capacity rack system (yea sure ) this spring.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Excellent! Thanks for the tip man.
    I am in need of a solution for drying at the moment.

I do have a large roll of the nylon styff but have been too lazy to fabricate any frames.
    I may grab 2-3 of these for the winter time and make some type of larger capacity rack system (yea sure ) this spring.
    Your welcome-----------I never seemed to find the time to make frames myself, that's why I used blotter paper. I did not check for larger sizes, but they may have some that are bigger than these, IDK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    See if they'll make you one for 11x14 prints for $6.00... (not)

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    See if they'll make you one for 11x14 prints for $6.00... (not)
    ???

My comment applies to print drying screens being window screens. No criticism of anyone here was intended. I'm truly ecstatic at the cost. Good for the OP. Screens large enough for other sizes and custom installations will obviously cost more. So what? I was simply building upon what the OP declared. What the hell is wrong with you people? What a bunch of babies. The inmates are now officially running the asylum.

Bye.
    Last edited by ROL; 01-26-2013 at 09:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ROL View Post
    ???My comment applies to print drying screens being window screens. What the hell is wrong with you people?
    Everyone knows that. What makes his find special is it's already made for $6.00.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin