Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,602   Online: 889

Shooter
    Multi Format

pH Meter Calibration Help

I have just acquired a cheap meter,and need some help.
    I need to prepare 200ml of pH4 solution. I have Sodium Hydroxide,Reagent-Grade pellets,"Not less than 97% Pure,Mol Wt 40.00".
    How many grams of this will make up to 200ml of pH4 ?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    I need to prepare 200ml of pH4 solution. I have Sodium Hydroxide,Reagent-Grade pellets,"Not less than 97% Pure,Mol Wt 40.00".
    How many grams of this will make up to 200ml of pH4 ?

Like the old saying goes, "You can't get there from here". A pH of 4 is acidic; there is no way a NaOH solution will be acidic.

Calibrations are usually made with buffer solutions. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffer_solution for more info.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

pH Meter Calibration Help

You will need buffer solutions. They can be prepared, but you are MUCH better off looking for a small set of pH 4,7,10 buffers (provided that's the range you're working in).

May the force be with you.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Any lab supply can supply you with buffers solutions. You also need to have some distilled water on hand.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin