Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,869   Online: 971

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nice and inexpensive (and widely available) squeegee for print drying

Elsewhere, there is a thread about using window screen for print drying. On similar note, here is a squeegee I use to remove excess water from my prints.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

The blade on this squeegee is very soft and pliable that it makes good even contact with the print with no risk of damaging the print. I've been using this for over a year with all sizes of prints, FB and RC with very good results.

It's pretty cheap at $7.00, and if you are a Prime member with Amazon, you can get it with shipping free.

I thought I'd share this with the APUG community.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks. I'll pick one up when it comes back in stock as a Prime offering. I remember the old Kodak hard rubber squeegees being nice, but pick up a NOS here a while back and it doesn't have a great edge. I've been looking for something to replace it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've been using quality windshield wipers in the appropriate sizes for squeegeeing prints for years. Soft, non-scratching and easy to use, plus inexpensive and readily available (do use new ones though ).

Best,

Doremus

www.DoremusScudder.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ettore window squeege....none better
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doremus Scudder View Post
    I've been using quality windshield wipers in the appropriate sizes for squeegeeing prints for years. Soft, non-scratching and easy to use, plus inexpensive and readily available (do use new ones though ).

Best,

Doremus

www.DoremusScudder.com
    hi doremus

ME TOO

Buy new ones for your car. Down grade the old to darkroom. Or roll up a towel and use that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another option is a print roller - sometimes called a brayer.

I split the use of mine between wet mounting and print de watering after the print washer and before screen drying.

I place prints face down and crease free on a clean piece of formica, and roll gently from the center out of the print is larger than the roller is wide.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin