Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,189   Online: 1114

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You wouldn't need to reverse it - Given that it is sharp corner-to-corner on 11x14 film, I would think it would work well making substantial enlargements from 8x10 negatives. How big, I can't say, as I've never enlarged anything as big as you're looking to enlarge. But the quality of the lens is legendary - I know of people who have bought the lens and then sunk another $800 or so into having it custom fit into a Copal #3 shutter to use it. These came off of very high-end repro cameras used in professional shops.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you, T-F-C. I'll research using GR II lenses for this purpose.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Apo Rodagons are process lenses. The ones I've seen are in barrel with adjustable fstop starting at f5.6. My data says they are corrected between 1:3 and 3:1. Not good for the magnifications you want. I use a 240 as my enlarging lens for large format. But "normal" size prints.

Quote Originally Posted by Old-N-Feeble View Post
    I found a 300mm Apo Rodagon in an obscure little shop here but it doesn't look anything like the enlarging lens. It has a fixed aperture of f/7 and is in a straight barrel with a flange at the rear. It appears to be multi-coated. Any idea what this is?

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    At the lab, we frequently print "enlarged" contact sheets. We use a Durst Laborator 184 to enlarge an entire roll of 35mm or 120 (6x6) up tp 20x24. With a 300mm lens and a 380 to 380 condenser set convex to convex, set to horizontal. The antinewton glass carrier makes easy work of the job. We can get larger with a adjustment to vertical, but so far , no need.
    Bill

Shooter
    35mm

Rolling Cylinders.

When processing murals, I use a pair of cylinders that I made by cutting 5 ft. lenths of plastic drain pipe (1.5 inch works well) and gluing caps on the ends. They are light enough to float and are essential for lifting soggy fiber base paper out of a bath.
    I just tape one end of the paper to one of the cylinders anddraw the paper acrass an 18 inch trough. When the first pass is made i wrap the wet end onto the other cylinder and roll it back. I use a diluted developer to achieve 6 or 7 minute developing times.
    Good luck with the murals. Please keep us posted.
    Jack

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't looked at the forum for awhile... been trying to keep up with some pressing issues here.

I bought a 300mm Componon-S for 8x10in and am now looking for a 360mm G-Componon or Rodagon-G... or an Apo version of either would probably work just as well. Wish me luck.

I bought 150mm Rodagon and 150mm Rodagon-G lenses for 6x12cm so, assuming those perform well, I'm all set for this format.

It'll be awhile before I can test them because my darkroom build is months away. After buying lenses and with other things going on here I'm financially tapped out... more than tapped out. I don't have an enlarger yet anyway.

I need to slow down a bit though because I need to keep some cash on-hand here for something very important.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    just to let you know... old-n-feeble... when i was thinking of making a darkroom.. i ended up making my darkroom sink out of wood... i ended up using rust-o-leum to paint it. I used L brackets, and wood glue... then i used caulking (the one with adhesive in it) Anyway, you can look up the various ways to make a wood sink, but it's quite easy, i've never built anything out of wood before, but this came out pretty well... Point being... you can make your sink any size you'd like... and if the wood you use is light enough, you can stand it up agains a wall when you are done. I've decided i'm never going to buy a darkroom sink... but if i ever need a larger sink, i'm going to build it myself.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin