Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,783   Posts: 1,671,276   Online: 971

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ken & Matt
    You guys did it to me.
    I'm buying a 2nd turret from Collin.
    It's all your fault ;-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ac12 View Post
    Ken & Matt
    You guys did it to me.
    I'm buying a 2nd turret from Collin.
    It's all your fault ;-)
    You will thank us
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is always nice when a person with a compulsion finds his proper home.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    @Serius
    I'm glad someone else is worse off than me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well my 2nd turret has arrived

Now to get the additional lenses to populate it.
    I'm still trying for a Componon-S 100 or EL-Nikkor 105, but I keep getting outbid. Oh well, I have plenty of time to wait for that lens.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    One thing you might think about. I have my darkroom in a basement and the humidity can get pretty high. I had a set of Schneider lenses all get hazy and one got fungus. Now I keep my lenses in a Tuperware container with silica bags to keep them dry. Changing lenses is so completely easy and quick that using a turret to make it even easier is not worth anything to me. I would rather keep my lenses in the dry box unless I am using them. Having a turret with all my lenses on it would be tempting to just leave them all out all the time.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ac12 View Post
    Well my 2nd turret has arrived
    I think you need a third...

Ken
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    One thing you might think about. I have my darkroom in a basement and the humidity can get pretty high.
    Me too. I finally gave in and purchased a small room dehumidifier on wheels. What a difference. Set it to 50% and the room is now perpetually cool and dry. I used to hate to store stuff down there. Now it's overflowing because it's my favorite place. I have to turn it off when processing film so the film doesn't curl when drying.

Ken
    "When making a portrait, my approach is quite the same as when I am portraying a rock. I do not wish to impose my personality upon the sitter, but, keeping myself open to receive reactions from his own special ego, record this with nothing added: except of course when I am working professionally, when money enters in,—then for a price, I become a liar..."

— Edward Weston, Daybooks, Vol. II, February 2, 1932

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dennis,
    I had always used single lens mounts in the past, and changing lenses wasn't a big deal. This is my first exposure to a turret.
    I like your idea of a tupperware with silica gel. thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I'm back to a single turret with 50+80+105, and a single lens board with a 135.
    I read the D5 manual and it turns out that the standard chassis D5 has a maximum baseboard magnification of 4x with a 150 and 4.8x with a 135. So I can get a larger magnification with the 135, and the ability to print 16x20 (if I want to). The 150 would barely make it to 16x20, with no room to crop, which I always seem to do.

I am still considering a 2 turret setup later; 50(35mm)+80(6x6)+90(6x7) and 105(6x9)+135(4x5).
    But the 90mm lenses for 6x7 are not listed in the 6 element lenses. I have to drop down to the 4 element lenses to find a 90, but I won't be enlarging as much as 35mm so the 4 element lens probably would not have a visible difference to me over a 6 element lens.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin