Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,945   Posts: 1,585,839   Online: 999

Shooter
    Multi Format

HM Color Canoe or similar for a 'small' darkroom.

Has anyone come up with something like the old Heath/Mitchell Color Canoe or the Honeywell Rocking Print Tray for use in a "small" darkroom (a half-bath). It is going to be a while before my darkroom is built, so I have to make due with the half-bath for a while.
    I used a drum but you can't see the print as it is comes up, and developing a small test strip is a PIA in a drum.
    I used an 8x10 Honeywell Rocking Print Tray, and I thought it was great for use in the cramped space of a half bath.

What was the print sizes that these rocking trays were made in?

If anyone has a lead on either the H/M Color Canoe or the Honeywell Rocking Tray, especially the LARGE size, I would appreciate the lead.

thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Are you using a rotary base with the drum? I can't imagine anything easier for someone with limited space. In fact, I would set up the station near your kitchen sink, or somewhere outside of the darkroom. Depending on the drum, some (like the Unicolor) will have ribs on the inside which makes removing prints much easier. Without these, the print tends to glue itself to the inside of the drum.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some years ago I saw a device which allows the user to stack 3 trays vertically. Anyone handy with a saw and hammers should be able to make something similar.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yup, I have a motorized base for the drums.
    For 8x10 and 11x14, I've been using a Cibachrome drum.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ac12 View Post
    Yup, I have a motorized base for the drums.
    For 8x10 and 11x14, I've been using a Cibachrome drum.
    I think those Cibachrome drums are smooth on the inside. You'll probably like the Unicolor and Beseler drums much more.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin