Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,122   Online: 854

Thread: Luminos Papers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Luminos Papers

Does anyone know of a European supplier of Luminos papers? Shipping to the UK from USA is very expensive.

Thanks in advance

Adrian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just curious, which paper do you like? I recently got a Sampler pack of 7 of their papers, and I've only tried one of them (RC VC Pearl) and I had a horrible time with it. I'm hoping the others won't hate me so much...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I beleive that Luminos is the US branding of Kentmere.
    "If I only had a brain"-Some badly dressed guy made of straw in some movie I think I saw

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Adrian, Luminos paper is Kentmere. The paper names may be different but it is made in Cumberland
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oriecat
    Just curious, which paper do you like? I recently got a Sampler pack of 7 of their papers, and I've only tried one of them (RC VC Pearl) and I had a horrible time with it. I'm hoping the others won't hate me so much...
    I really like the FB Glossy Flexicon.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Flexicon VC

SJXXX-I really liked the Flexicon also. It has what I consider to be a very narrow scale;but if you have the proper neg for it the paper will sing. This paper tones beautifully in selenium also. Worth a try but not the giveaway prices that Luminos used to charge.
    Regards, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well as its Kentmere then the problem is solved. Thanks for responding folks.

Happy new year

Adrian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oriecat
    I have never tried Luminos before and was curious about how it would compare with my favorite Forte papers. However I have used Kentmere Fineprint VC and Art Classic and liked them both.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    When Ilford went bust last year I decided to give Kentmere a try as I'd never used their paper. I quite liked the RC VC Select, it's perfectly acceptable for test and work prints, contact sheets etc. It's slightly thinner than Ilford MGIV and is about a stop faster. I also liked the Fineprint fibre range especially the warmtone version.

They had an advert in B&W Photography a few months ago offering free samples so, if you give them a ring or email them then they will send you up to 3 different papers. I got 3 10x8 sheets of Kentona, Document Art and Art de Luxe. Unfortunately I've been too busy to try them yet.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I tried some Kentmere earlier in the year and liked it, unfortunately I only found a supplier who could guarantee to get it in locally this week. One thing I did find is I had to be more careful about touching the the print side when I was setting it up under the enlarger or it picked up my finger marks. I'll certainly be trying it again now and as I've started using surgical gloves tricky fingers won't be a problem.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin