Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,313   Online: 927

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hey, all good points, folks. I too believe the bottles are coated internally, and that the developer may well eat its way through that coating in short order.

Maybe I'll sacrifice some developer when I finally get set up in a few months just to find out what actually happens...

Shooter
    Multi Format

Metal beer bottles to store film developer?

40oz beer bottles are brown glass and also come with screw tops!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Get a 6-pack of Grolsch. The bottles are dark and re-sealable, and the beer is great! Much (and I mean MUCH) better than that p*sswater C**rs.

-- Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mfohl View Post
    Get a 6-pack of Grolsch. The bottles are dark and re-sealable, and the beer is great! Much (and I mean MUCH) better than that p*sswater C**rs.

-- Mark
    Or Fischer (sp?); the bottles are brown. BTW, the rubber seals for the Grolsch and Fischer bottles will degrade over time, but replacements can be purchased at almost any homebrew shop. In fact, you can often find new swing top bottles there.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I guess it goes without saying that you should label the bottles so there is no mistaking the contents.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin