Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,758   Online: 963

Shooter
    35mm

2 small questions:

...and... TA DAAH.!
    The darkroom is completed, I managed to make it without leaving home or ordering things, so there is couple of shortcomings and I'm wondering if and how can they affect me printing (they can't stop me, for sure
    - outdated fixer for paper (powder, never opened, good 6 years or so
    - I have only 6x6 mixing box, and my idea is to mask it for 24x36 film, I think it's gonna work untill I get proper hardware. What You think dear APUGers? Will it work?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Shouldn't be a problem, I suppose, with outdated fix in powder form, but anyway after mixing easy to test with a piece of film (or a piece of exposed paper - should show no density in the developer after fixed and washed)
    Good luck with the rest!
    /Bertil

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Time to print. Don't bother masking unless it's a problem. I use the 4x5 box in my Omega for everything.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Fixer should be okay, even after 6 years. Just test it with a piece of film. There is no need to mask the mixing box. I´ve printed 35mm with a 6x6 enlarger and never had a problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With a larger-format mixing box you will loose a little bit of light intensity and possibly some lighting evenness. You may not notice either.

You can get back some of the loss by painting the top surface of the negative carrier bright white or simply by covering the top surface with ink-jet paper. This will get the otherwise lost light to bounce back up into the mixing box.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin