Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,728   Online: 737

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Where in Scandinavia are you?
    I have a spare 9x12 enlarger that just needs a good home.

Shooter
    35mm
    I live in Ski (south of Oslo), but my girlfriend is in Uppsala, so I travel twice a month from Oslo to Stockholm and then up to Uppsala. Never been in Lund before, but with a bit of planning I might be available to pick it up some day (I hear Lund is fairly similar to Uppsala seeing as they're both great university cities).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Top-Cat,

If you really want to enlarge using traditional darkroom methods, a 4x5 enlarger can be obtained at a reasonable price. However, contact prints can be made quite easily and they can be scanned with a flatbed scanner until you are sure you want to take the plunge. If, of course, it is simply sheet film you are new to, find a large format enlarger without delay! Optically printing sheet film is immediately satisfying, particularlly if you only have experience with 35mm.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    4X5 enlargers fit very easily on the benchtop and will produce prints up to 16X20 without trouble. The LPL 5X7 enlarger also works nicely on the average bench. One thing to look out for is the negative carriers. 9X12 carriers can be a bit hard to find, although they are available for all of the popular enlargers. You can use a 4X5 glass carrier if you need to.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Top-Cat,

I forgot about metric, you will enjoy being able to enlarge...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesper View Post
    Where in Scandinavia are you?
    I have a spare 9x12 enlarger that just needs a good home.
    There you go, sounds like a road trip is in order. And if this enlarger doesn't work out, by all means contact print your negatives. My girl friend. And I just purchased two Darren Samuelson contact prints (http://darrensamuelson.com/) one is 4x5 and the other 14x36, yes that's inches. Both prints are wonderful so don't hesitate to contact print those 9x12 negs, and if you do get an enlarger, you may still want to contact print some of your 9x12's.

Roger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin