Switch to English Language Passer en langue franaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,988   Online: 819

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    din

Shooter
    35mm RF

JOBO ATL 1000 WATER BATH PROBLEM FOR BW PROGRAMS

I recently bought a atl 1000.and it now comes a problem with the water bath.
    for the BW programs, it doesnt have the water bath. on the instruction it says

"B&W Film and All Print Processes:
    These are processed at 24.0C (75F). Your processor will start these processes when it has heated the chemicals to 24.0C. It is important to note that these programs will run at any temperature above 24.0C."

but even the chemicals below 24.0C or i have even tried below 19C, it still doesnt comes up the water bath, it go straight to processing.but on the c41 and e6 programs. it works fine. i dont know whats wrong with it.
    i have uploaded a video on youtube . please search "For catlabs.jobo.outlet 2" on youtube.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Jobo ATL 1000. It does not use the water bath on BW programs. I guess the assumption is that room temp will be so close to processing temp that it doesn't matter. ---john.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To get the water bath for B&W programs, just set it to E6, turn it on, and wait for the trough to fill. This assumes you've set your supply temp to 20 deg C already. Turn the program to whatever B&W time you want, close the lid and let the processor do its thing.

din

Shooter
    35mm RF
    so, you mean i need to play a game with the machine???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, it is just that it will not fill the trough if you start it up with one of the B&W programs. I guess Jobo figured that it was close enough to room temperature to not matter. Since I always have the tempered water supply set to 20 deg C anyway, I just fill the trough by using the method I described above. I've been doing it for years, so I don't even think about it anymore. Just leave the lid open, select E6, turn it on and let the trough fill. It automatically cuts off at the right point. Turn the machine off, turn the dial to the appropriate B&W program, shut the lid and turn the machine on.

din

Shooter
    35mm RF
    turn the dial to the appropriate B&W program, shut the lid and turn the machine on.~~~~~~~~~~and after this, the machine will temper the water to 20c???? i will try later tonight. the machine seem so right without anything wrong. i just dont understand why it doesnt even do the water bath to temper the chemical before the process.
    btw, thank you so so so so much.
    i will post more later and see.

din

Shooter
    35mm RF
    i think i got to tell more detail. the way you tough me is to do a trick with the processor to fill the trough with weather. but, in your case, you have already temperd water supply set to 20 c degree, which i am not base on this. i have only cool water supply, with no set temperature, which sometimes it might as 15 c deg, or sometimes it comes as 26 c deg, so different depends on the weather. so, the main point is , i dont get struggle with it about not filling the trough with water. but i get struggle that it doesnt fill the trough and heat the water bath to temper the chemical. the chemical's temperature is important to processing. The temperature can't be more important than other element during processing the films. I might have 14c developer and 20c fixer at the same time. And they should tempered by the bath to the same degree and run the process.

the main point is , i dont get struggle with it about not filling the trough with water. but i get struggle that it doesnt fill the trough and heat the water bath to temper the chemical.

din

Shooter
    35mm RF
    then how could it tempered the chemical????

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The ATL-1000 requires a tempered water supply. It is designed to operate with one. However, you are correct that with the B&W programs, the machine itself does no tempering -- it only does that in the color programs, where it tempers to 100 deg F. If you have a tempered supply -- usually just a mixing valve with a thermometer built in -- this is really no problem. You just mix up the developer at 20 deg C and set the tempered supply to 20 deg C so the water in the trough is that temperature and away you go. Bottom line, there is nothing wrong with your machine -- that is the way it is supposed to work.

din

Shooter
    35mm RF
    he ATL-1000 requires a tempered water supply.???????????
    i think here is the problem. but i dont have a tempered water supply, what should i do.
    and i dont see any requirement said on the menu.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive     Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin