Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,084   Online: 1068

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Show of

I don't have the luxury to place my 4 enlargers where i want them to be. My old Leitz Focotar I for 35mm will be sitting on the baseboard of my Durst 138S (5x7) when i print 35mm. It looks funny but letting the enlarger rest for a few seconds before exposure makes this set-up work just fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Either a STURDY table or a counter like ic-racer.
    NOT the fridge...vibrations.

Do NOT go low to the floor, your back will KILL you.
    Think about your body position when working the enlarger. The lowest I would go is about 9 inches higher than the height of a step stool that I could sit on while working the enlarger. Even that would be uncomfortable.

I got an Omega D5 with the shorter standard girder than the XL girder for that reason. My darkroom is height limited and an XL chassis would put the baseboard down near the floor, which is NOT acceptable for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Nick and welcome to APUG. Build yourself a sturdy enlarger stand, perhaps with a removable section where the enlarger image could shine to a lower shelf for larger enlargements. Refer to the Beseler stand for ideas.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4x5_stand_8540_2.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	64550Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4x5M_stand_1.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	64551
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My old 5x7 Elwood had to sit on the floor because of a low ceiling. It worked well enough for occasional printing. My present enlargers sit on a table my great-grandfather probably build a hundred years ago. A wall-mounted timer lets me switch it on with no vibration. Being able to sit at the enlarger is a luxury. In college when a session might be for a hundred or more prints, my enlarger sat on a chest-high set of drawers. That was good for production, but not for comfort. Fotch's suggestion of a stand with a removable section is great when one needs to occasionally make big enlargements in a small darkroom.

Shooter
    Large Format
    6 foot commercial weight office desk with 2 lateral file drawers. Bought it cheap at a used market.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    nickj_101 welcome to APUG

I bought steel work tables for my darkroom equipment.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin