Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,363   Online: 1044

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

red locking levers L1200

Dear all,

Without any doubt, this is a silly question...:-)

Recently I purchased a L1200 with VLS500.
    There are two red hendle on the enlarger head, one on each side, the so called 'red locking levers'.
    What the purpose of that, and how do you use it?

Many thanks!
    Fred

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not a silly question: I used to wonder exactly the same thing....

They are used when rotating the head. In the "-" position they provide click-stops (rather than an actual lock) to centre the head vertically. In the "O" position, the click-stops are disengaged to allow easy rotating of the head.

At least, that's in my enlarger - it is possible that they are supposed to lock and that mine are damaged....

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Not a silly question: I used to wonder exactly the same thing....

They are used when rotating the head. In the "-" position they provide click-stops (rather than an actual lock) to centre the head vertically. In the "O" position, the click-stops are disengaged to allow easy rotating of the head.

At least, that's in my enlarger - it is possible that they are supposed to lock and that mine are damaged....

Cheers, Bob.
    Thanks Bob!
    In my instruction manual (copy), 'finally', I found the sentence: "Operate the locking lever (8) at either side to allow the enlarger head to engage inthe 90° position; Then secure the enlarger head again with the locking knob(9)".

At one side he's doing that correctly, at the other he doesn't click. A little investigation will be necessary! :-)

Do you have also the VLS version?
    How can we controle the quality of the vc filters numbers?
    With stepwedge? How to proceed?

Many thanks!

Fred

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the CLS450 colour head. I have no idea about the VLS head, sorry... If you do not have a manual for the head, try a Google search, or someone else here may have the head and can advise.

The click stops do not really matter as there is a scale under the head near the column that shows the head angle - just set it to be vertical.

Cheers, Bob.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin