Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,460   Online: 1021

Shooter
    Multi Format

X-Rite 810 calibration

I just purchased an X-Rite 810 off of eBay for use with verifying and monitoring processing with a Photo Therm Sidekick SK-8G I have coming in the mail. The X-Rite 810 I purchased doesn't come with the original reflection and transmission calibration standards. I am particularly desired to calibrate transmission for film measurements.

Is it possible that some apug member here in the US has one? How often do people calibrate their densitometers? Should I buy some other calibrated transmission wedge?

-Justin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have the 810. I use my step wedges to calibrate it prior to using it for each session. At most this might mean up to twice a day. You really need to buy your own transmission step wedge for negs and a reflection plate for prints. I use the Stouffer brand.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by justin parker View Post
    I just purchased an X-Rite 810 off of eBay for use with verifying and monitoring processing with a Photo Therm Sidekick SK-8G I have coming in the mail. The X-Rite 810 I purchased doesn't come with the original reflection and transmission calibration standards. I am particularly desired to calibrate transmission for film measurements.

Is it possible that some apug member here in the US has one? How often do people calibrate their densitometers? Should I buy some other calibrated transmission wedge?

-Justin
    I have them. I do the calibration at least every time I use it. you can buy those from x-rite but very expensive

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I work in the graphic arts industry. When we still used film, the only way to calibrate was using the supplied transmission calibration card. We calibrated it every morning, then output a step wedge from the filmsetter to calibrate it for the day. You should be able to buy the calibration plaque from X-rite, but yes, they are expensive. Depending on how old it is, and how long since its last service, you may want to send it off to X-Rite for a proper calibration and service. We do that every year with our densitometers and spectrophotometers. Again, very expensive.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin