Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,142   Online: 772

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm

Paterson vs Kaiser RC paper washer

The water drains through a hose. I sit mine on the draining board next to my laundry sink. The drain hose sits in the sink.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you. This looks to be the main difference compared to Kaiser. The hose makes it much more convenient I would think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    I often wonder what the overflow rate per minute has to be? In say a 1 litre tray how often does the water have to change in those 2 mins in the wash which is the minimum suggested by Ilford?

I have an upright Nova washer which when full holds about 1 litre and it can be made to flow very rapidly but I often wonder if I am wasting water. Would an overflow of 1/2 litre per min be enough so the water changed completely in 2 mins or could the overflow be much slower?

pentaxuser
    Good question, partially answered here: http://www.film-and-darkroom-user.or...?t=296&garpg=4

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks miha. I had read this very informative article before but had forgotten what it had said on water movement by replacement. It is still quite a high rate if I have understood things correctly. Maybe i am not wasting water after all.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Totally agree, The Kodak Tray Siphon is a most efficient wash set up when mounted on a slightly larger tray. I usually float a soft sponge on top to keep the prints under the water and place the prints back to back to maximize the flow over their surfaces.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin