Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,545   Online: 877

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't comment on the price changes as that's down to SDS, however yes, I have decided to retire later this year and SDS are taking over the manufacture and sale of RH products. I was able to keep prices lower for longer because I don't have big overheads but the hidden costs of making anything on a commercial basis these days are getting higher all the time. Insurance is a major factor, plus compliance with regulations (and expense!) for waste electrical appliance disposal etc all adds up. You can buy products made elsewhere for less than the cost of the parts to build them in the UK, but unfortunately the market size these days makes it completely unviable to manufacture in, for example, China. Volumes have dropped over the last couple of years too. The main thing is that they will still be available for the forseeable future.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We can rant about capitalism & globalization, but as a long time RH customer, what I'd like is to wish a active retirement to Richard, in whatever he chooses to do with his well earned time.
    Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas
    http://imaginarymagnitude.net/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well I would like to wish you a long and happy retirement Richard.

Printing just wouldn't be half as much fun without your timers. Yes it is great that they will still be available, just a shame the prices had to increase so sharply and so suddenly.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, all the best Richard. Hope you enjoy a long and happy retirement, from a very happy Analyser Pro customer.

Simon

Shooter
    Large Format
    Richard, your products have changed, for the better, the way I print. Thank you!
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like Silverprint honored my order the best I can tell, I will be glad to connect my Zonemaster directly to the new Stopclock, the Vario will do nicely on the mural enlarger....

I love this stuff, so many features to allow me to grow as a printer. Thanks Richard for all your hard work and commitment.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Richard is a gentleman, and I wish him a splendid, well-earned retirement.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    But what is this SDS company, really? Anybody know? It is a really generic homepage, with no information about who is behind the company. Not very reassuring, I am sorry to say. I wish someone like Silverprint could've fronted this instead.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you don't know anything that is not desirable about them, why assume that is not going to be good?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    But what is this SDS company, really? Anybody know? It is a really generic homepage, with no information about who is behind the company. Not very reassuring, I am sorry to say. I wish someone like Silverprint could've fronted this instead.
    Never heard of them either but maybe this will put them on the map since it looks lik the RH Designs site will stay up. That being said, I ordered the second Stopclock as a just in case ( looks like S-Print is already out of them ) and might do the same for a spare temp probe and footswitch...
    Last edited by PKM-25; 03-09-2013 at 08:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin