Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,480   Posts: 1,542,693   Online: 832

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

What the hell happend to RH timer prices!!

They were around £200.00 now they are over £300.00 ( British pounds )

I see on the website the company has changed hands and can understand a new owner restructuring prices etc but an increase of over 50% is nothing short of taking the mick!!!
    Last edited by Firestarter; 03-07-2013 at 01:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Prices are certainly up, but not 50%. I think I paid about £265 for my analyser pro a year or so ago, and they are now £330. OK, still a hefty price rise, but at least this superb kit is still available. My guess is that the products were being manufactured on a "semi-hobby" basis with low overheads, and now they have to stand on their own as commercial products. That means all costs have to be covered plus a reasonable margin. No-one can criticise anyone for retiring, and full marks to SDS for taking the range on board.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by desertratt View Post
    And I always thought Irish moms taught decent manners to their kids.

They do, but even people with manners don't like being taken for a ride

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mr rusty View Post
    Prices are certainly up, but not 50%. I think I paid about £265 for my analyser pro a year or so ago, and they are now £330. OK, still a hefty price rise, but at least this superb kit is still available. My guess is that the products were being manufactured on a "semi-hobby" basis with low overheads, and now they have to stand on their own as commercial products. That means all costs have to be covered plus a reasonable margin. No-one can criticise anyone for retiring, and full marks to SDS for taking the range on board.
    What you are saying makes sense but I still think the increase is going too far. SDS even state on their homepage how they have low overheads etc My rant is in no way aimed at the original owners of RH, excellent people to deal with.

The Stopclock pro is listed at £200.00 here

http://www.silverprint.co.uk/Product...asp?PrGrp=1042

Now it's around £300.00 so that makes it a 50% increase by my calculations.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I designed and built a timer. It would not be commercially reasonable to do it for any less than what they are charging now; the old prices were unprofitable hobbyist-manufacturer levels.

Shooter
    35mm
    RH designs is not (or was not) far from where I live and met the gentleman who was the owner and maker of these little devices when I went over to buy one from him. Indeed he had low overheads because he was a 'one man band' working from home, but if he has sold out then all sorts of shenanigans will be going on with prices + availability etc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    What you are saying makes sense but I still think the increase is going too far. SDS even state on their homepage how they have low overheads etc My rant is in no way aimed at the original owners of RH, excellent people to deal with.

Now it's around £300.00 so that makes it a 50% increase by my calculations.
    Thanks for posting that link. Coincidentally I have been looking into RH's products but the price for any single piece of equipment is more than I paid for my entire dark room with two enlargers! I'm in the US so those pound Sterling prices are eye watering! Are there any other websites selling these devices at the old prices? I'm just wondering if I missed some others... just in case inventory sells out or prices shoot up I want options.

Seriously though, thanks for your help.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    I just ordered a Stopclock Pro from them, hopefully they have stock and honor the price. I already have a Stopclock Vario, Zonemaster-II, Processmaster-II and Paper Flasher so this will really set me up for workshops in a couple years..

But wow...Richard getting out of it so no more innovation and Ralph Lembrecht bowing out of analog...what a unnerving time in the analog tech world. Even Nova Darkroom nixed their brilliant 5 Star LED safelights right after I got a set of four....

Shooter
    35mm
    It has to do with the volume too as I don't think they sell a lot of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    McDonalds ice cream sunday is now $1.50 USD where I live, up from $1.00 last year. I'm sure we all got a raise in salary of the same proportion at the beginning of the year, right Ha, ha, ha.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin