Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,018   Online: 673

Shooter
    35mm

I Need Help With a MacBeth 924.

I bought a MacBeth 924 almost 2 years ago, and used it for a month. Then I unplugged it for over a year before trying to use it again. It now reads 0.00 no matter what density is placed under the read head. A calibration patch of around 3.00 density, placed under the read head, very briefly flashes a density near the calibration density (e.g. 2.93 or something in range), and then reads 0.00. It behaves the same on all seven transmission channels.
    Is anyone familiar with this problem? I need to know whether there is a quick or easy fix for this problem, or if I should start shopping for a new densitometer. Gretag MacBeth appear to be out of business, and the shipping costs to a repair shop (if I can find one) may be more than the instrument is worth.
    I am about to start an E6 sinkline, and wouldn't think of doing this without monitoring the process with control strips, so I need a good Status A densitometer. I would appreciate any advice from other 924 users.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My tr-944 behaves somewhat similar except it gives brief flash of all densities. So I can use it, but I have look the reading carefully so that I don't miss it.
    I have also zero the densitometer after taking reading, otherwise the next reading will be relative to previous.

As your's densitometer also flashes reading quickly (except showing only high densities), I wonder if this is some common issue.

But why only densities near 3.0, strange.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhalides View Post
    It now reads 0.00 no matter what density is placed under the read head. A calibration patch of around 3.00 density, placed under the read head, very briefly flashes a density near the calibration density (e.g. 2.93 or something in range), and then reads 0.00. It behaves the same on all seven transmission channels.
    Is anyone familiar with this problem?
    If you turn it off, then back on, does it still read 0.00, or does it show the hash marks which mean it has not been zeroed?

If the off/on cycle reads 0.00 immediately, it sounds suspiciously like the "zero" button is being held down constantly. If so, maybe working the button a number of times might free it up. Good luck.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin