Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,078   Online: 922

Shooter
    Medium Format

problem with Durst CLS 1000

Hello everyone, i recently bought a Durst Color Head CLS1000. I seem to have a problem with the shutter as when its connected to the timer (Digitim S2000)and i turn this on the shutter opens and closes continuosly without stopping.

I thought the problem was with the timer as when i had the problem the first time the fuse in the timer broke. I changed the fuse and took the timer to an electrician that found another problem in it that needed fixing. Now the timer is fixed (I tried connecting it to a table lamp and it was working) but the problem with the shutter persists and when I turn on the timer the shutter starts to open and close constantly.

If i turn on the enlarger without the timer everything seems fine:the fan works and the shutter does its test opening and closing twice.

Does anyone have an idea of what it could be and if its something fixable?

Do you know anyone in Switzerland that could give technical assistance?

Thanks in advance

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it is anything like the shutter on the CLS2000, I believe the shutter reversing is controlled 'mechanically' with a relay and contact switches on the eccentric shaft that controls the shutter. That is to say, the rotation of that shaft is not 'computer' or 'microprocessor' controlled. This means that, if you are lucky, you just have a faulty contact switch or bad relay. My shutter was not working because the prior owner blew a resistor. I replaced the resistor and it works fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back of Shutter Motor.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    hello,

Thank you for your reply; i made a picture of the shutter, i didn't open and dismounted the enlarger because my electronic knowledge is very basic and i'm afraid to do something wrong. Externally the CLS 2000 and the CLS 1000 look very similar, if it's indeed a problem like you suggest what kind of technic do you think i should search for?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo (1).JPG  

Shooter
    Large Format
    My first cls 1000 head had power supply issues (EST 1000n) resulting in erratic shutter behavior with or without a timer attached. I too have limited agency with electronics and had to turn it over to a qualified electronics repair shop. Even then, having access to the schematics is essential if not necessary. Pm me if you need a copy of the schematics.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin