Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,407   Online: 988

Shooter
    Multi Format

Color Star 2000 analyser manual

I just picked up a LPL 7451 enlarger kit complete with a Color Star 2000 analyser. The good news is the enlarger comes with a manual, the bad news is that the analyser does not. Does anyone have a manual for the Color Star 2000?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have found the manual in dutch I thinki, by googling 'lici color star'. Not the clearest, but it will get you started.

It is a single channel analyser/timer.

Make a print you like the density and colour balance of, presuming we are printing RA-4.

Set the meter cell on an area you want to use as your reference, or diffuse the whose scene near the lens, so you are metering something close to grey.

Without changing any filtration or time of exposure, set the device to analyse, and adjust the potentiometers until the color star display is extingushed, and the time matches the time you exposed the good reference print for.

Move the anayser mode to to store these values.

Push expose and the enlarger socke of the timer/anayser will come on for the diaplyed amount of time.

Probably a good idea to do the set up with no safe light.
    Then you can see how much it might mess you up if you leave it on for subsequent analysis sessions.

Happy experimenting.

Now
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think I have it in English (bad photocopy of a photocopy). Someone else here also does so while I'm looking (might take a few days) they might respond.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is the website of the dutch manufacturer:

http://www.colorstar.nl/

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hey,
    I have a manual, Send me a PM and I will copy it for you.
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi all,

I am sorry I have not got back to you sooner I have been in bed sick.

Many thanks Mike Wilde, Nige, Agx and largeformat pat for your responses. Your responses were a big help, I think I am starting to get a grasp on this analyser. Having the instruction manual would be a big help so Pat I have just sent you a PM, many thanks.

Once I have the analyser sorted hopefully I can do some serious RA-4 colour printing at last. The next step for me then is to start shooting 5x4 large format, I can’t wait.

Many thanks, Geoff C.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin