Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,379   Online: 805

Shooter
    Multi Format

What does the mounting brackets of Ilford 500 for Devere 504 looks like???

Hello:

I recently bought a set of Ilford 500 system from Nova Imaging Warehouse in UK. In short, I received a head, 3 light mixing boxes and two mixing box register plates, a probe, a foot switch and a power supply, there is no mounting brackets for Devere 504.

I'm quite frustrated since I always heard that to mount the Ilford 500 on Devere 504, you need a certain mounting kit to hold it in place. I sent the seller an email but he asked me back with surprise saying "what does that look like? I think you got all you need".

Now can anyone show me if there's indeed such a mounting plate, and what does it look like?!

Thank you!

Jing

----------------

I just called the Devere factory in China, they said it doesn't need an adaptor to mount the head, "It's such a long time ago we don't make that now. Just put it on the enlarger, and hang the spring".

Well I'm totally confused.
    Last edited by slight; 03-25-2013 at 08:28 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Hi Jing,

The response that you received from Nova is totally unacceptable.

It is widely known that the Ilford 500 system requires different mounting plates for each make of enlarger. In addition, for the De Vere 504, it requires a heavy weight to stop the enlarger chassis shooting up to the top as a result of there being no counterweight to the high tension spring.

The partial good news is that you have found an otherwise complete system (usually they are sold without all of the light mixing boxes, etc).

Ages ago I came across a drawing, by someone who made their own adaption and saved it away.

I attach the PDF with instructions on how to build your own and a photo of what the adapter looks like in the hope that you can solve your problem.

By the way, I did manage to get to your exhibition in Berlin and enjoyed it.

Best,

David
    www.dsallen.de
    Attached Files

Shooter
    Multi Format
    David! How shameful we didn't meet up in Berlin! I was very, very occupied with the exhibition and had no connection with the outside world for several days, then I left in a hurry to catch my flight back to Beijing after the vernissage!! Then I remembered we were planning to have some beer together, but I was already in Beijing then!!

Thank you very much for your file! Now if Nova can't find the adaptor I can make one myself. That's great news.

I'm trying to establish my own darkroom and have some apprentices coming regularly to learn printing at home.

Hope one day we could meet again, in Beijing or Berlin!

Jing

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin