Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,212   Posts: 1,532,066   Online: 1187

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Omega b600 manual

Hello,
    I've recently bought a nice Omega b600 enlarger. I've done my share of darkroom work in the past, so I don't need a manual for the basics, but I would still like to have one for some advanced features etc. The person I bought the enlarger from told me I could find the manual as a .pdf file online, but the website where it was hosted is dead. Would anyone be willing to share their manual copy with me? I know I can buy it from KHB Photographix or other places, but I'd rather spend my money on chemicals or film. Besides, I don't quite like the idea pf paying for something that every manufacturer and seller should be (and many are) offering for free as an online file.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are there any advanced features on a B600?

I'm off to see if I can find your manual online.

Here is one for the C-700..
    http://www.jollinger.com/photo/cam-c...d%20Dichro.pdf
    Last edited by Red Tractors; 03-25-2013 at 11:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Tri-X in HC-110 forever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am not trying to dump on you, but a B600 is a pretty fixed options but competent basic monochrome condenser enlarger.

Don't go looking for options it does not have.

I had one that I mostly used as a flashing light source before I sold it off to Shelly Anne, with some other gear to get her going as few years back.

I don't recall it had any option to swing the negative stage, and that is ususally the first 'advanced' option. I don't think it had any option to optimize the condenser settings to make it brighter for 35mm vs lighting all of the 2.25 square area.

I seem to recall mine only had a 35mm carrier.

I think a medium format line of neg carriers was available. I print all sorts of obscure formats from time to time, and tend to make my own carriers out of mounting and matte board and glue and tape. If a carrier thus made starts to were out I know it is time to seek a commercially made variant.

I hope this helps.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you Red Tractors and Mike.
    Yes, I know it is limited. Having said that, I'm quite lucky, because I got it with two lenses - 50mm and 75mm - and two negative carriers, 35mm and 6x6. The person I bought it from also included original box and a set of special effect filters. The larger lens is Nikkor, so I assume it is quite decent.
    Yes, I was wondering about adjusting the light etc.
    Kris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sepia,

I think you have it covered, Omega B-series enlargers will handle 35mm and 6X6. If it's like my C-700 it has a fixed lens board you thread into.

I think it has a filter drawer. Other than that it's just a fixed bulb simple condenser enlarger. There are probably kits to fit the column with a C-760 color head.
    Tri-X in HC-110 forever.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a couple of spare sets of Ilford,and also Kodak if my memory serves as correct, VC filters in my surplus gear in the garage attic. Some are in NIB shape.

I cannot recall if they are for below or above the lens use. Let me know by PM if you need VC filters.

I think I have a new spare bulb to suit that model as well, lurking in the back of a darkroom drawer. Keeping a spare bulb is good, and use it dedicated to RA-4 printing, if you go down that part with this rig.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin