Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,443   Online: 867

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    When you wife is not looking, put the tank and reels in the dish washer. Mine go in every month or so it helps to keep down the staining. The enlarger has similarities to either a Wray which was made in UK perhaps 40 years ago

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Stone, I agree on the enlarger. Just set it outside for a few days and the musty smell will die a painless death. Congrats, now you will be officially addicted to the damne darkroom. See ya soon. Don

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Musty smelling 110 reel and enlarger equipment from basement advice?

Just looked at the bottom of the enlarger stand...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Musty smelling 110 reel and enlarger equipment from basement advice?

AND I was looking at it further... The stupid thing looks as if it only takes slides...

I don't really even shoot 35mm only 120, the only 35mm I have is Kodachrome, AND none of that would be slide film :/

Blah...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not to stear you in any particular direction . . . But if it were I, I'd probably write this one off, and seek out a more worthy candidate. I assembled an 4x5 enlarger piece by piece from parts found locally, and parts purchased via eBay. It took about a month or two, but it was well worth the adventure.
    "Lo único de lo que el mundo no se cansará nunca es de exageración." Salvador Dalí

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    Not to stear you in any particular direction . . . But if it were I, I'd probably write this one off, and seek out a more worthy candidate. I assembled an 4x5 enlarger piece by piece from parts found locally, and parts purchased via eBay. It took about a month or two, but it was well worth the adventure.
    I think I'd agree....being involved in business book and paper archiving at one time, I have a horror of anything with a musty smell which might harbour spores or mould which could spread. Not sure of the prices which good s/h enlargers fetch currently, but I'd personally start with a search around on Google, Ebay, etc., and get an idea as to what is available.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'm thinking of agreeing with the O'le Fart

it's in pretty bad shape... and as I said I can't seem to fit anything but a slide in there ... even the lens has some fungus growing on it so ... I guess it's kind of a loss

Hmm, maybe I can salvage the bellows and use that on something LOL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Enlargers of that sort of design can often be easily converted into very functional copy stands.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    I would advise throwing the whole thing in the dumpster and not getting mold spores in your house.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    I think I'd agree....being involved in business book and paper archiving at one time, I have a horror of anything with a musty smell which might harbour spores or mould which could spread. Not sure of the prices which good s/h enlargers fetch currently, but I'd personally start with a search around on Google, Ebay, etc., and get an idea as to what is available.
    Yea i agree, and as far as getting an enlarger, it is at the very bottom of my list, I still have no real place to set it up for use, I just happened to get this for free so wanted to give it a shot.

at least it wasn't a 4x5 body that was moldy or I'd cry... lol

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin