Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,585   Online: 902

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    work on it all out side
    the tanks and reels &c
    leave everything in the sun
    UV / SUN will kill everything ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I dunno, there's a negative carrier there. What makes you think it won't hold a neg?
    Kodachrome IS a slide film!
    Do what you want but it can be salvaged. It's not worth more than a couple of bucks but you do have it in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    AND I was looking at it further... The stupid thing looks as if it only takes slides...

I don't really even shoot 35mm only 120, the only 35mm I have is Kodachrome, AND none of that would be slide film :/

Blah...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think the Star D was 35mm only. If you don't shoot 35mm, it probably isn't worth anything to you, unless you want to use it as a contact printing light source.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You could put it up on Craig's list, starting low, then increase the price by $5.00 each week until someone thinks they're getting a heck-of-a-deal. Don't forget to add a smattering of the words "vintage", "rare", and "retro" throughout the listing.

"Lo único de lo que el mundo no se cansará nunca es de exageración." Salvador Dalí

Shooter
    Medium Format
    With the tank, once you've used it a few times I think it will be fine; just wipe it over before you use it. The enlarger may be more of a problem, the bellows may have decayed in which case check for holes with a torch. You can make your own bellows at a pinch. But the metallic parts should be Ok, just wipe them over with a moist cloth, perhaps with a little Dettol or TCP on cotton wool swab.

Cheers,
    kevs
    testing...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    I dunno, there's a negative carrier there. What makes you think it won't hold a neg?
    Kodachrome IS a slide film!
    Do what you want but it can be salvaged. It's not worth more than a couple of bucks but you do have it in your hands.
    Yes Kodachrome is slide film... except paper and chemistry for printing slide film is almost unattainable... so keeping this moldy POS for the miracle of finding both in the same place is kind of silly don't you think? or would you like to give me your paper and chemistry?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Oh and the negative carrier... it had edges on either side, so I would either have to cut each frame out separately, or it would pinch the other frames... so that's why I said it must be a slide film holder.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    You could put it up on Craig's list, starting low, then increase the price by $5.00 each week until someone thinks they're getting a heck-of-a-deal. Don't forget to add a smattering of the words "vintage", "rare", and "retro" throughout the listing.

not forgetting 'Lomography', 'hipster', 'analog' and 'traditional' of course... :-D
    testing...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually the neg carrier looks like a speed carrier to me. Used for printing an entire roll without cutting into 5 or 6 or 7 frame strips like most of us do depending on size of neg pages.

The 2 scalloped looking parts on either side of the neg stage hold the roll on the feed side and the opposite side hods the roll as you progress through the roll. The carrier has a hinge and the film gets sandwiched and you slide it through as you go.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Musty smelling 110 reel and enlarger equipment from basement advice?

Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Actually the neg carrier looks like a speed carrier to me. Used for printing an entire roll without cutting into 5 or 6 or 7 frame strips like most of us do depending on size of neg pages.

The 2 scalloped looking parts on either side of the neg stage hold the roll on the feed side and the opposite side hods the roll as you progress through the roll. The carrier has a hinge and the film gets sandwiched and you slide it through as you go.
    Yes you are right, I discovered this today while fiddling with it outside in the sun.

Having never actually seen an enlarger before I didn't see the hinge, and the top part had a raised edge so I didn't realize it went between.

Anyway whoever said making new bellows was easy, I'll send you my 3 Kodak folders and you can do it for me since its so easy

The inside of the two hinged parts has some rust, so I'm writing the whole thing off, I'm just going to play with it outside and familiarize myself with the functions and extending and retracting the bellows for focusing and then throw it out...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin