Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,904   Posts: 1,584,585   Online: 902
      
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    16,887
    work on it all out side
    the tanks and reels &c
    leave everything in the sun
    UV / SUN will kill everything ...

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Montgomery, Il/USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    5,310
    I dunno, there's a negative carrier there. What makes you think it won't hold a neg?
    Kodachrome IS a slide film!
    Do what you want but it can be salvaged. It's not worth more than a couple of bucks but you do have it in your hands.

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    AND I was looking at it further... The stupid thing looks as if it only takes slides...



    I don't really even shoot 35mm only 120, the only 35mm I have is Kodachrome, AND none of that would be slide film :/

    Blah...



    ~Stone

    Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

  3. #23
    eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,511
    Images
    218
    I think the Star D was 35mm only. If you don't shoot 35mm, it probably isn't worth anything to you, unless you want to use it as a contact printing light source.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    588
    You could put it up on Craig's list, starting low, then increase the price by $5.00 each week until someone thinks they're getting a heck-of-a-deal. Don't forget to add a smattering of the words "vintage", "rare", and "retro" throughout the listing.

    "Lo único de lo que el mundo no se cansará nunca es de exageración." Salvador Dalí

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    544
    With the tank, once you've used it a few times I think it will be fine; just wipe it over before you use it. The enlarger may be more of a problem, the bellows may have decayed in which case check for holes with a torch. You can make your own bellows at a pinch. But the metallic parts should be Ok, just wipe them over with a moist cloth, perhaps with a little Dettol or TCP on cotton wool swab.

    Cheers,
    kevs
    testing...

  6. #26
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,988
    Images
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    I dunno, there's a negative carrier there. What makes you think it won't hold a neg?
    Kodachrome IS a slide film!
    Do what you want but it can be salvaged. It's not worth more than a couple of bucks but you do have it in your hands.
    Yes Kodachrome is slide film... except paper and chemistry for printing slide film is almost unattainable... so keeping this moldy POS for the miracle of finding both in the same place is kind of silly don't you think? or would you like to give me your paper and chemistry?

  7. #27
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,988
    Images
    226
    Oh and the negative carrier... it had edges on either side, so I would either have to cut each frame out separately, or it would pinch the other frames... so that's why I said it must be a slide film holder.

  8. #28

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
    You could put it up on Craig's list, starting low, then increase the price by $5.00 each week until someone thinks they're getting a heck-of-a-deal. Don't forget to add a smattering of the words "vintage", "rare", and "retro" throughout the listing.

    not forgetting 'Lomography', 'hipster', 'analog' and 'traditional' of course... :-D
    testing...

  9. #29
    brucemuir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Metro DC area, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,264
    Images
    4
    Actually the neg carrier looks like a speed carrier to me. Used for printing an entire roll without cutting into 5 or 6 or 7 frame strips like most of us do depending on size of neg pages.

    The 2 scalloped looking parts on either side of the neg stage hold the roll on the feed side and the opposite side hods the roll as you progress through the roll. The carrier has a hinge and the film gets sandwiched and you slide it through as you go.

  10. #30
    StoneNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    7,988
    Images
    226

    Musty smelling 110 reel and enlarger equipment from basement advice?

    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    Actually the neg carrier looks like a speed carrier to me. Used for printing an entire roll without cutting into 5 or 6 or 7 frame strips like most of us do depending on size of neg pages.

    The 2 scalloped looking parts on either side of the neg stage hold the roll on the feed side and the opposite side hods the roll as you progress through the roll. The carrier has a hinge and the film gets sandwiched and you slide it through as you go.
    Yes you are right, I discovered this today while fiddling with it outside in the sun.

    Having never actually seen an enlarger before I didn't see the hinge, and the top part had a raised edge so I didn't realize it went between.

    Anyway whoever said making new bellows was easy, I'll send you my 3 Kodak folders and you can do it for me since its so easy

    The inside of the two hinged parts has some rust, so I'm writing the whole thing off, I'm just going to play with it outside and familiarize myself with the functions and extending and retracting the bellows for focusing and then throw it out...




    ~Stone

    Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin