Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,723   Online: 743

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

1.5L-2L Photo bottles?

I just got a very cool sheet film developing tank that can do a ton of 4x5 at once. However this tank needs around 1.5L of chemistry, and I did a search and couldn't find any 1.5-2L photo bottles.

Anyone know where I can get some?

(Hard sided bottles only please, I don't trust those accordion ones)
    Last edited by EASmithV; 03-30-2013 at 06:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The new 2 litre Coca-Cola bottles available around here seem to be much more durable and "stiff" then the older ones.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jobo has 2L bottles, but new ones are a little dear.
    usplastics.com is a good source for bottles of all sorts.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    OJ bottles are good. Some have wide mouths as well (Tropicana 1.75l) and are PETE. I have been using those lately.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I buy a lot of stuff for photo from US Plastics - they offer 2L amber Nalgene bottles:
    http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...4231&catid=448

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you have to have 2 liter, PET soda bottles are a good bet. Personally, I use 1 gallon glass (empty from the lab I work at) or 1 liter amber Boston round bottles like at SKS bottles. . Years ago I bought a case of one quart and 8 oz from there with the Phenolic/poly cone caps. Really nice for chemicals as long as you don't drop them!
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While they aren't hard-sided, I've been using Platypus bottles (http://cascadedesigns.com/platypus/b...bottle/product) for years and really liked them. They come in 500ml, 1 liter, 2-liter (and larger I think) and allow you to get all air out. Since they are soft-sided, they do need to be stored in a container that will support them or laid on their sides. The bottles I've stored D-76 in have slowly (over years) turned brown, but I'm not sure if this is staining from used chemistry or oxidization through the plastic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amen, to US Plastics for bottles and a bunch of other stuff made from plastic. Tubing, fittngs, etc.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin