Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,542   Online: 994

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Nocon f-stop Timer

I've recently become the proud owner of a Nocon enlarger timer but have been unable to get it to calculate/display + or - times in quarter stop increments separately from the base exposure. So far, any sequence of button pressing simply adds or subtracts to give a new total base time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nocon Timer2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	167.5 KB 
ID:	66675

I'm assuming it shouldn't be necessary to refer to the chart and enter burn/dodge times manually. I would be very grateful for any enlightenment, please.

Regards,

Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    Unfortunately the man who thought this device up has passed away, although there may be someone out there with instructions.

There is another way that you may possibly get what you are looking for. There is a company called RH Designs in UK, website www.rhdesigns.co.uk.

The owner, Dr Richard Ross designed and makes one very similar so if you make contact via E mail he may be able to help. He is on the point of retirement and has sold the rights to another company but as far as I know he is still open for business - just.
    Last edited by BMbikerider; 04-02-2013 at 12:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd be surprised if someone here doesn't have one with instructions but failing that try Butkus who seems to have instructions for almost everything

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm sorry I can not help but can you upload more pictures of it? I always wanted to see it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Many thanks for your input. I will certainly follow-up these two leads.

Incidentally, the manufacturer Bowens, claim they have no record of this item - much less, a set of instructions!

Regards,

Richard

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi Richard

I have a set of instructions for the model you have. I will scan them in tomorrow and try and upload or email to you. If I understand correctly. If, for example, your base exposure is 10 sec and you press -1 stop, the timer will count up to 5 secs. By pressing the calc button it will show this. If you then pressed +1/4 with 'Calc' button on it then shows 11.9 sec which is the base, 10 secs, + the 1/4 stop. Your base time is always set in the timer via the keys under the display and stored by the 'Ent' button. Personally I have found this timer to be one of the best f / stop timers. I have never tried the RH stop clock but do have the Analyser. I find that good but it has to many secondary functions which confuses my simple mind.

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Nocon Timer

Hi Steve,

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Weston View Post
    I have a set of instructions for the model you have. I will scan them in tomorrow and try and upload or email to you.
    This really is music to my ears - I'm sincerely grateful.

If I understand correctly. If, for example, your base exposure is 10 sec and you press -1 stop, the timer will count up to 5 secs. By pressing the calc button it will show this. If you then pressed +1/4 with 'Calc' button on it then shows 11.9 sec which is the base, 10 secs, + the 1/4 stop. Your base time is always set in the timer via the keys under the display and stored by the 'Ent' button. Personally I have found this timer to be one of the best f / stop timers. I have never tried the RH stop clock but do have the Analyser. I find that good but it has to many secondary functions which confuses my simple mind.
    Guided by your explanation then; if I want to burn an area for an additional 1/2 stop above the base, 10 sec:
    10 sec>ENT> -1/2 stop = 7.1 sec... Hmm, given that the sequence is 10, 11.9, 14.1, etc., shouldn't the difference be 4.1 sec? Hey, and you thought you had a 'simple mind'!

Richard
    Last edited by Richard Lee; 04-04-2013 at 07:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi Richard

I have posted them in the manuals over on FADU. It won't let me upload on here as the file size is to big? i will PM them to you if I can. If you want to burn for 1/2 stop over the 10 seconds base you press +1/2. this then gives you 14.1. The timer when activated will do your base exposer and turn off. Then to do your burn you hit the increase button and the timer will count up the extra 4.1 secs. If you hit the initial button again it is like resetting it and it will count up from 10 secs again. if you have any problems let me know and I will try and help you out.

Steve

Shooter
    35mm
    Nocon Timer.pdf

Have a look at these, I think this is what you were asking for.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    There you go. BMbikerider has beat me to it. They are the ones i just put up on FADU. Anyway hope they help.

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin