Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,202   Online: 938

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DIY Sink...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Your current set up is almost perfect, actually. You would only need one of those bins to drain, right? Why not drill a 1" hole in bin 3, find a rubber fitting you can seal and tighten, and then run a length of 1/2" vinyl tubing out of it into your sink drain? Run another tube from the faucet into the bin and you've got a wash sink. When you're done, stack 'em back up in the corner. No need for the developer and stop bins to drain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

DIY Sink...

Quote Originally Posted by sdotkling View Post
    Your current set up is almost perfect, actually. You would only need one of those bins to drain, right? Why not drill a 1" hole in bin 3, find a rubber fitting you can seal and tighten, and then run a length of 1/2" vinyl tubing out of it into your sink drain? Run another tube from the faucet into the bin and you've got a wash sink. When you're done, stack 'em back up in the corner. No need for the developer and stop bins to drain.

I feel like such an idiot now... That never even occurred to me!! LOL

I can cut a whole in one of the plastic tubs, place it over the current household bathroom sink, and put the wash tray in it.

THANKS!!!!

ETA: I think the light bulb just kicked on... A wall mounted piece of 3/4" ply that is hinged to fold up for processing trays and extra counter space, and then a hole cut in one of those bins for my print washer and placed over the sink for draining.

I can't wait to get this started!!
    Last edited by ChristopherCoy; 04-10-2013 at 09:09 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin