Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,344   Online: 779

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pierods,

Yes, I will give you the plastic code once I get home tonight.

One problem I see with your squeeze bottle thing is that the cap that will come with those bottles do not make good seal. I find most developers suck oxygen with such vigor that many thin wall plastic bottles actually collapse in with negative pressure.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pierods View Post
    tkamiya: do you mind telling us the code under your data bottles?

I found these:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/500ml-PE-Flas...item48540a3fa4
    I've used the same jugs for developer and fixer for years. Labeled "Delta1 Datatainer." Recycle code in the triangle on the bottom is "2" and labeled HDPE plastic.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mine says "2" as well. These have been working well for me.

Just as an FYI, I mistakenly purchased bottles marked "5". Dektol showed degradation after about 1 months in storage. Some sediment and filament like stuff showed up and color changed to light yellow. It did work after 6 months but I didn't like the fact it showed sign of change, so I don't use them anymore.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    For film, I use a 2-bath developer. This stores really well, because the developing agent and the alkali are separate. A rather amusing frustration, though is that with repeated use the first bath gets smaller and the second bath gets bigger, so no rigid bottle is ever the right size.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll buy the squeeze spout bottles and let you guys know about the result.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi all

I have been using emptied and washed 2- and 4 litre wine cask bladders for at least 16 years for storage of film and print developers (including 2 part developers such as Beutler), as well as fixer concentrate. Xtol lasts at least 12 months (I've used some successfully after 18 months!).

The casks are easy to fill - remove the tap, hold the circular tap opening upright, pour in the dev. replace the tap and carefully squeeze the bladder while holding open (slightly) the tap to remove the last of the air. You can then place the bladder back into its original box (open up the top where the handles are) and reseal same with tape. Then tape a label on the front of the wine box with name of contents and date.

A 2 litre cask can hold about 3 litres, and a 4 litre holds 5 litres - great size for most larger packets of film and paper developers.

Cheers
    Tony from Sydney

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Tony,

that's interesting news!

Would you have an image of the bladders you are talking about, so I can find them here in Deutschland?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pierods View Post
    Thanks Tony,

that's interesting news!

Would you have an image of the bladders you are talking about, so I can find them here in Deutschland?

Hi Pierods

The wine casks are a budget priced wine sealed in an aluminiun foil covered plastic bag with a tap, and housed in a cardboard box - maybe you only have the premium wine in bottles in Deutschland! Have a check at your liquor supply shop (called "bottle shops" in Australia). If you can get one, open it up and have a look at the 'bladder' and you see what I mean...hope this helps

Cheers
    Tony

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin