Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,532   Online: 1027

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Developer storage - not glass

Hi,

I find the idea of fractioning developer in many small containers ready for use not practical, mainly because it's difficult to find small containers that hold exactly the quantity that I need when filled to the brim.

I find it a better idea to fill 1 L glass containers to the brim (which is slightly more than 1L) for storage, and then pour the rest in something like a floppy tank [see image] where air can be squeezed out.

I would do the same when needing more developer, breaking open a 1 L container and empty it out in the floppy bag.

I think many people are against plastic squeezable containers, but these floppy bags squeeze better than accordion bottles and in any case since they hold 2/3 doses, content will not have many chances to oxidize before the container gets empty.

Does anybody have an idea about where to buy these?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails APNE49_350.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Telling us where you are might help.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    I am in Germany, but at least finding out the commercial name of the thing would help.

Refillable bladder? Cappable?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    You can buy them prefilled from Maco and Generalphoto and probably others.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ath View Post
    You can buy them prefilled from Maco and Generalphoto and probably others.

Yes but I have no use for the Agfa developer they contain, so when they break (they are soft plastic) I will have to re-buy the Agfa developer and re-toss it...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Camping or outdoor stores would sell them, like here: https://www.globetrotter.de/shop/pla...tandard-112160

But find out how "oxygen-tight" these things are.

Shooter
    35mm
    Firstcall in the U.K. sell these bags but only full of chemical . If you are asking where you can buy empty bags to allow you to fill them yourself then I don't know and I suspect you are asking this. I think these bags are made specifically for certain makers who sell the developer/fixer etc on these bags and you may not be able to buy a few of them as a member of the public.

However why not buy 3L wineboxes, drink the wine then re-use the bags. I do this all the time. Eventually the taps for pouring will leak but by then the winebag itself should probably be replaced.

So unfortunately you have to buy more wine and drink it. A dirty job, as they say, but someone has got to do it

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Firstcall in the U.K. sell these bags but only full of chemical . If you are asking where you can buy empty bags to allow you to fill them yourself then I don't know and I suspect you are asking this. I think these bags are made specifically for certain makers who sell the developer/fixer etc on these bags and you may not be able to buy a few of them as a member of the public.

However why not buy 3L wineboxes, drink the wine then re-use the bags. I do this all the time. Eventually the taps for pouring will leak but by then the winebag itself should probably be replaced.

So unfortunately you have to buy more wine and drink it. A dirty job, as they say, but someone has got to do it

pentaxuser
    Well...that, I can do...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Search fleabay for "Collapsible Water Bottle". Most of them are only 16 oz, but there was one for 5l that just begs to have a batch xtol stored in it.
    Get it right in the camera, the first time...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin