Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,875   Online: 840

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherCoy View Post
    Has anyone actually ever built one of these?

I just made my materials list which I hope to pick up on Wednesday, so I can get started on this.
    I made one similar and it worked well. I used a pair of metal channel bench legs sold by hardware stores years ago. Then I added 2x4 on the top to mount my old Beseler 4x5 (the one with the struts out front) with screws. Then a piece of 1/2" plywood for a back. Another piece of plywood on the lower cross braces for a shelf.

Then, in doing very large enlargements, I would just move the Beseler wood base to the lower shelf and gain about 18 inches in height. I could gain another 6 inches if I put the board on the floor but never needed to do that. It worked extremely well.

I still have the parts, just don't have it set up so I cannot snap a picture. Hope my description makes sense.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Christopher,

If all you really need is to jack up the enlarger a few inches, making a spacer for the bottom of the column(s) is a smaller project and more likely to get done quickly. Of course it will not give you the flexibility of a nice table as mentioned above.

Neal Wydra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin